Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

First of all thank you for your time.
    Here is my concern :
    I just finished my undergraduate degree in France with a average of 13,1 out 20. Which is pretty good.
    I want to apply in a master of Finance and Investment.
    Exeter was my first choice, but it seems that many people are disliking this university and its "overrated" rank in the league.
    Do you thing it's still good if i want to work in an investment bank if i pick Exeter ?
    If not, which university do you advice me ?
    Well im pretty sure that i'm not gonna be admitted in LSE, Cambridge, Oxford....so it's more among Durham (maybe) Bath York Exeter Edinburgh, Newcastle, Nottingham....Etc

Please need advices i pretty much know anything outside of the ranking.
    I need a well respected university by banks.

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked into CASS? It's one of the best business schools their courses are very highly regarded :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't , but i will. What about the others one?

ReputationRep:
    TOEFL 107....only got 99

ReputationRep:
    I don't like CASS at all! They are too cash-hungry for my taste.. On the other hand it is not really hard to get in.

The LSE would be the perfect fit, so why don't you try? There is no harm in applying..

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have apllied to Exeter, Durham, Edinburgh and Nottingahm for the Msc in Finance and Investment. In my point of view after research and asking other people I end it up between Nottingham and Durham. I believe that Exeter is not so good as they say and Edinburgh is a very good university but i don't think his area of experty is Business studies.

ReputationRep:
    Well, i'm just realistic.
    Ratio of admission for LSE (Intake/application) it's something like 46 for 1786.
    I'm pretty sure i'm not among the top 46 but yeah...you right.

About Cass, they are certainly cash-hungry (according to the tuition fees for the MSc ) but it's seems pretty hard to get in...107 in the Toefl for non-native speaker is actually hard- I know my english is far away to be perfect but i still got 99 out of 120 and i don't feel like i'm able to reach 107..anyway...

Well for sure Durham is much better than Exeter, and it's seems it's not really hard to get in...but maybe i'm mistaken. But I read that Edinburgh is actually really good in Finance.... and i don't think that Nottimgham is better than Exeter.
    It's maybe a bit stupid but if you check out the Morgan Stanley website :
    http://www.morganstanley.com/about/c...les/index.html

They do have much people coming from Exeter than either Nottingham or Durham...

What i really would like to know is if Exeter is repected enough to get in Investment bank among professionals recruiters

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult to tell wich university is better. When i was making my applications at British Council they told me that the university of Endiburgh isn't so good for finance althouth his high rank. About the Exeter you have to take 13 lessons + dissartaion to finish the msc when all the other universities have the most 10+dissartation,so i believe they overtrying to make this msc atrractive and competitive.
    I aggre what you say about LSE because i was thinking me too to sent an application but my grade is 2:1 upper and i wouldn't have a chance getting into.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.