The Student Room Group

Life is going wrong

Am a 26 year old graduate stuck in a dead end admin job, now finding out the company wants us to work evenings and weekends at no extra pay and are going to let us know in an email (I overheard a manager say this). I feel stressed out as its like blackmail in a recession as they know people are not able to leave. My contract states the working hours are Monday to Friday 37 hours and they can change the flexitime system to suit business needs. One colleague has said they must do a staff consultation first about working hours.

I wanted to talk to my boyfriend but he dropped the bombshell he might be jobless soon, so I can't tell him as he don't need the extra worry. I don't know whether I should get a job and move. Could buying a house and renting be a good option as I know I could buy a house tomorrow. Please help as this failure is making me feel like ending my life.
Reply 1
Tbh, that is pretty much the boat of most people in the UK. I don't think you should kill yourself over a job.

Life can be so much more than 37hrs a week you know.
tehjonny
Tbh, that is pretty much the boat of most people in the UK. I don't think you should kill yourself over a job.

Life can be so much more than 37hrs a week you know.

this.
Anonymous
Am a 26 year old graduate stuck in a dead end admin job, now finding out the company wants us to work evenings and weekends at no extra pay and are going to let us know in an email (I overheard a manager say this). I feel stressed out as its like blackmail in a recession as they know people are not able to leave. My contract states the working hours are Monday to Friday 37 hours and they can change the flexitime system to suit business needs. One colleague has said they must do a staff consultation first about working hours.

I wanted to talk to my boyfriend but he dropped the bombshell he might be jobless soon, so I can't tell him as he don't need the extra worry. I don't know whether I should get a job and move. Could buying a house and renting be a good option as I know I could buy a house tomorrow. Please help as this failure is making me feel like ending my life.

We are looking to recruit.. drop me a pm.
There are people working 60 hours a week to keep their jobs.
Get some perspective.

Latest

Trending

Trending