Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, me and my bf broke up about 3ish weeks ago. However, in that time, we have still talked to each other everyday and have met up other four times. When we broke up, we said that we would be still friends, and I think that the constant communication is us "staying friends". However, we both still like each other, and are both trying to get over each other, as the reason why we broke up wasn't really anyones fault, it just happened, due to unfortunate circumstances.

Has anyone experienced this? I mean, we are still technically acting like a couple, but minus the "lets get busy" part. Does this mean that it's going to be even harder to move on? Or does this mean that we should just get back together, because clearly we can't live without each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    Basically, me and my bf broke up about 3ish weeks ago. However, in that time, we have still talked to each other everyday and have met up other four times. When we broke up, we said that we would be still friends, and I think that the constant communication is us "staying friends". However, we both still like each other, and are both trying to get over each other, as the reason why we broke up wasn't really anyones fault, it just happened, due to unfortunate circumstances.

Has anyone experienced this? I mean, we are still technically acting like a couple, but minus the "lets get busy" part. Does this mean that it's going to be even harder to move on? Or does this mean that we should just get back together, because clearly we can't live without each other?
    You broke up yet you still act like a couple minus the sex.... why did you break up in the first place then?

i've been in a similar sitch... numerous times... with the same person...
    you're probably still hanging around together because being apart feels like there's something missing...
    and as the person above asked, why did you break up if you still like each other?
    it's hard, but if you're definitely not gonna get back together, you need to distance yourselves a bit more... it'll get really hard to get over them when you're essentially acting like a couple and are super close

ReputationRep:
    I think you still want to be with him from the sound of things so try and work it out!

If the reason you broke up wasn't because you stopped liking each other or one of you did something wrong and you clearly still like each other and as you put it 'can't live without each other' then just talk to him about it!!

If I've just misread it and you don't want to be with him, STOP THIS NOW!!! Distance yourself. You can only be friends when you are both over each other.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, put some distance between yourself and him for a while until you're both over eachother. Then you can start seeing each other as friends.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.