Turn on thread page Beta

CLT vs. LNAT watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

This thread is for those who sat both the Cambridge Law Test and the LNAT. As I only sat the CLT I can't compare but I was curious as to which you found more challenging?

ReputationRep:
    CLT :yep:
    Although it wasn't quite as bad as I thought in some places... and some of the MCQ questions on the LNAT made be go :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    i didn;'t think they gave you enough time to write the essay for the LNAT. 40 mins

ReputationRep:
    I actually really enjoyed the CLT. Came to nothing in the end though. :dontknow:

I think the LNAT was just different, some of the MCQ were pretty :lolwut:, and the time given for the essay didn't really allow you to get much going, so I think they were looking more for structure and argument and a little bit of awareness of current affairs whilst the CLT was trying to get you to think a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to write about 600 words and completely develop my thoughts on LNAT so I found the time quite enough

ReputationRep:
    I found the LNAT more challenging - mainly because of the timings for the Multiple Choice, I had barely any time to do all my reasoning etc...was very stressful! I quite enjoyed my CLT.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the LNAT was harder, but probably because 3 of my essay titles were very similar, so I didn't have much choice...and the MCQs seemed pretty ambiguous at times!

As for the CLT, I think my Law A Level knowledge helped me a little with the one I did, although they were only loosely based on Law, so it wasn't essential. I just had my thoughts to hand.

However, the one piece of advice I'd give to anyone sitting the CLT next year is to think very carefully about every word you write! I think most people were asked about their CLTs in their interviews, and...well, put it this way...it's important to be precise! :woo:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.