Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was going to apply for the BCL this year but I was extremely unprepared therefore I am going to apply for next year instead...

I have looked on Ox website but it says nothing about how strong the First-class degree has to be. Do they look for solid First-class results, or will they consider you even if you scraped a First?

I know that they do not ask for A-level grades, but I wish to stipulate what mine were on the form as my grades were very good and they should serve to strengthen my application. How could I include them in the application?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if the Law Faculty is the same, but for a lot of other departments they ask for an academic CV. Though I doubt the focus of this is in any way A Levels, you could probably include your grades on it. I did with mine and it didn't hurt.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by preet_123)
    I was going to apply for the BCL this year but I was extremely unprepared therefore I am going to apply for next year instead...

I have looked on Ox website but it says nothing about how strong the First-class degree has to be. Do they look for solid First-class results, or will they consider you even if you scraped a First?
    Of course you'll be considered with your borderline first - you meet the stated requirements, so there's no reason why they shouldn't consider you.
    I know that they do not ask for A-level grades, but I wish to stipulate what mine were on the form as my grades were very good and they should serve to strengthen my application. How could I include them in the application?
    Are you sure you've got the right verb there?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have not graduated yet. Last year all but one of my modules were graded a first. This year I aim to work a lot harder than I did last year so I hopefully will achieve a good First-class.

Yes you are right - reading back on it now, it doesn't sound right! Anyway, all I am saying is that I want to include my A-level grades on the application form..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.