Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If this was possible everyone would do this. Universities have their offers set at a certain level for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat_s)
    I guess a possibility would be to get your school to contact the university and ask for a lower offer, if there are special circumstances or a good reason why you are unlikely to get an A grade in your third subject. It would probably sound better coming from them than from you.
    Also, is your offer on UCAS Track yet? I know somebody who asked for a lower offer after recieving an offer letter (but before it was communicated via UCAS) and their offer was withdrawn. However, it should be fine if it's on UCAS... Correct me if I'm wrong, but once a conditional offer is put on UCAS Track, it can't be taken away right?
    I doubt they'd alter your offer though, unless there was a good reason.

OMG which university was that? I would have been gutted if it was me... but then if a uni gave me an offer I would try to meet it rather than asking for a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsHamster)
    OMG which university was that? I would have been gutted if it was me... but then if a uni gave me an offer I would try to meet it rather than asking for a new one.
    It was Imperial for Physics, a good few years ago. The person in question ended up firming Warwick and going there instead (but they didn't meet the original imperial offer anyway, so would have still gone there if they'd have just firmed the AAA Imperial offer and put Warwick's AAB as insurance.)

ReputationRep:
    I think its worth a try, ive emailed a university asking how flexible they are in which they replied there is some flexibility apart from I need at least a B in Maths. Which gave me the impression I could probably go a grade lower in each (more likely just the one though) apart from Maths which needs to be grade B.

Worth a try, whats the worst thats going to happen?

ReputationRep:
    As an aside, What if the Uni has gone completely ott?

Or is the below standard? I don't really know the system that well but:

As in, an AAB offer compared to everyone else getting BBB when the ''typical'' offer is indeed BBB.
    Admittedly I got ABC and resitting the C, But surely Asking AAB is harsh? Given that my subjects are now legacy

Or do I take the hint they don't want me at the uni?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.