The Student Room Group

Application mistake@!!!! applied BAEcon not BSC!

PLEASE HELP OMGGGGG
I screwed up my application

When I applied for Manchester University I didn't realise there was two different
Accounting and Finance course. Now I know that one is Management (Accounting and Finance) (3 Years) [BSc] and another one is Accounting and Finance (3 Years) [BAEcon].
But without reading [BAEcon] I presumed that this accounting and finance course would be Bsc just like all other university (Most unis don't have accounting and finance under the Bsc Management(accounting and finance), simply accounting and finance.)
So now I'm in extreme panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
at this stage I have received a conditional offer of AAB for BAEcon Accounting and Finance

1. Let me clarify, when people say that they have applied for accounting and finance at Manchester, Do they generally mean Bsc Management (Accounting and Finance) or BAEcon Accounting and Finance????????from the university's website I get the feel that BAEcon Accounting and Finance is the right course and the course that people generally take for accounting and finance
But looking at all other universities(Lse,warwick etc) they state as Bsc Accounting and Finance and on the webs some people say that Bsc Course is considered higher or better as it is more mathematical
so can you explain which course is the course that most Accounting and Finance student take?

2.If Bsc Management (acca and finance) is the right course then Should I email or call the university ?? Or do i have to contact UCAS first???

3. If Bsc Management (acca and finance) is the right course then how should I convice them?
explain my mistake and convince them by saying grade requirement is same (AAB) for both course and also course content between the BSc Management (acca and finance) and BAEcon Acca and finance is similar.
please advice me with more ideas...

4. If they dont allow me to change the course, is BAEcon that bad and not respected (especially compared to Bsc)??

Please advice me!! I'm in extreme panic@!!!
Call them up and ask them whether you can change or not. I know of people who have been able to do it (not at Manchester mind)
you might be able to switch once you get there because they've already offered you a place there would be no harm in switching.
Reply 3
Call them, my friend did something similar and got her offer switched ....

Latest

Trending

Trending