Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR English Literature Exam 18/1/10 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm resitting tomorrow and was just wondering if anybody else is doing Wilfred Owen poetry? If so, how many poems do you think you should link to? I linked to about 7 in the summer (some links briefly others slightly more in depth) but my lit teacher said you should only link to one or two. What does everybody else think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankec001)
    Hi everyone,

I'm resitting tomorrow and was just wondering if anybody else is doing Wilfred Owen poetry? If so, how many poems do you think you should link to? I linked to about 7 in the summer (some links briefly others slightly more in depth) but my lit teacher said you should only link to one or two. What does everybody else think?
    I wouldn't have said there was a specific number you needed to link to as there is no mention of it in the mark scheme, but ensure that everything you do link it to is explained fully and clearly as it's that which gets you the marks.

Hope that makes sense, I'm resitting too and ******** it!!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you there :P Part of me is really thinking about not turning up. I think I should be OK with Gatsby, it's just Owen that's really concerning me!

ReputationRep:
    Haha other way round for me...we should swap papers half-way through the exam :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well I only plan to compare about 3 others to the given poem! :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roses)
    Haha other way round for me...we should swap papers half-way through the exam :p:
    Haha, sounds like a plan Is it just me or does anybody else think it would be a lot better if the exam is open book? All they seem to be testing us on is our memory and not how we analyse. :eek3: There is just so much to remember!!

ReputationRep:
    We were told 4 last year for this (3 plus the set poem, and only to mention 2 others briefly, rather than analysing them too. not even quote, just reference...)

maybe that's why I just scraped an A...oh dear, now i am worried i should be linking to like 7 or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankec001)
    Haha, sounds like a plan Is it just me or does anybody else think it would be a lot better if the exam is open book? All they seem to be testing us on is our memory and not how we analyse. :eek3: There is just so much to remember!!
    Argh..I know I'm actually fine analysing the poems and whatnot, I just have serious issues remembering what lines come from what poems, ARGH! I still haven't quite memorised everything I wanted to...Grr...Gatsby's not so bad, at least you get a choice with the questions..I'm really scared now, English is definately one of my stronger subjects and i feel really underprepared compared to some people, not to mention I didn't do as well as I wanted in my mock (which was open book!) Oh God. It's tomorrow. :eek3:

/rant over

Side note: Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I suppose we can't do any more now, it's up to the fates :P Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I will just quote to around three or four (if I can remember that many!!)Argghh!! Nervous now!!! Time for a hot chocolate and bed me thinks

Good luck everyone!!!!

ReputationRep:
    How'd everyone find it then? I quite liked Owen, the question was the exact same one I handed into my teacher the week before and got an A for, so fingers crossed....but I picked the Gatsby representation which no one else in my class (bar 2 girls) seems to have picked...and I wrote utter c**p....Honestly, my three year old cousin could have come up with more imaginative/better substantiated points...ARGH! Failed..

/again rant over

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.