Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do all you vegan folks eat when out and about?
    At Uni I have a chocie between spinach, carrot and hummus sandwhich, lettuce onion sweetcorn and tomato in a pot, or plain chips.
    I can't take lunch with me because it won't fit in my bag, and getting seriously bored with those three things!
    Ideas please

ReputationRep:
    Maybe stop being a vegan?

ReputationRep:
    Lamb stew is nice

ReputationRep:
    get a bigger bag
    I don't know sorry, that was just my immediate reaction upon reading your post. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is it not possible to get a bigger bag? Maybe I'm missing the point entirely but surely asking for people's food suggestions is not going to expand your uni canteens vegan range. You can only eat what they provide, or make your own lunch and bring it in :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd rather eat my own arm than those first two options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwakeandUnafraid)
    Is it not possible to get a bigger bag? Maybe I'm missing the point entirely but surely asking for people's food suggestions is not going to expand your uni canteens vegan range. You can only eat what they provide, or make your own lunch and bring it in :confused:
    Cafes nearby? Shops? There was a vegetarian cafe just up the road from my sixth form.

Boots, supermarkets etc.?

ReputationRep:
    jacket potato with beans and hummus, bring hummus if they won't do it for you!
    Often flatjacks vegan, is there a salad bar? Beans, rice, some salad dressings, grated carrot, cucumber, often pasta, sundried tomatos etc are vegan.

i eat foccacia bread all the time from M&S, also Holland and Barret do pastries and pies, vegan cookies. I also buy boots meal deals, thin lizzie, utterly nutterly or bugsy sandwiches, which come with a drink and snack, I usually get a packet of tyrrels vegetable crisps and innocent smoothie.

Can they do you wraps? Fill with beans, spicey vegetables, hummus, salad, whatever vegan they have on offer. Same for baguettes. Peanut butter and jam is an easy option if you can fit a sandwich in your bag.
    Pasta king is often vegan, if you get a tomatoey type and ask for it without cheese.

Better still, hot vegetarian meals are often vegan, you just need to look about. Nandos veggie burger, fried mushrooms and baked or roasted vegetables, sometimes vegetarian shepards pie, stews or cassouroules, curries. Just ask about :P

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.