Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadietomlins)
    hey, im going to the conference this year to, going alone (no one else from my school) so im hoping to meet new people before I go so please feel free to add my facebook sadie tomlins - i'm the only one there so it shouldnt be hard to find me

oh also..did anyone else get the email about getting a t-shirt?
    hi, i'm rachel and i'm also the only person going from my school and i got the email about the t-shirt but i don't think i'm going to get one because i wouldn't really be able to wear it anywhere outside cambridge without being laughed at, lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats a fair point! can I add you on facebook or something? im interested to meet people before I go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laseulerouquine)
    hi, i'm rachel and i'm also the only person going from my school and i got the email about the t-shirt but i don't think i'm going to get one because i wouldn't really be able to wear it anywhere outside cambridge without being laughed at, lol
    Yeah that's what I would have thought haha

Sadie no I'm not doing Law A-Level, are you?

ReputationRep:
    do you have to be like really smart to get into this, do you know?
    or can you just be... average...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twistedinsanity)
    Yeah that's what I would have thought haha

Sadie no I'm not doing Law A-Level, are you?

yeah im taking a level law, i started doing goverment and politics but it got cancelled a few weeks into the course cos my teacher left and there was no one to take over...so i took law instead just to maintain my 4 subjects. its interesting, but not really vital for law.

how many people from your school are going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lenny_343)
    do you have to be like really smart to get into this, do you know?
    or can you just be... average...?
    nah i just applied online...didnt ask for gcse grades or anything..

ReputationRep:
    think it would be too late to apply now ? If not how long til you think it will be, cos ill need a few days to organise if I can or cant go (really want to btw..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimsonchilli)
    think it would be too late to apply now ? If not how long til you think it will be, cos ill need a few days to organise if I can or cant go (really want to btw..)
    i have no idea I applied back in October but here's the link to the website and it says 'applications still open' so give it a go?

http://www.law.cam.ac.uk/microsites/conference/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Oooh, I'm the only one going from my college as well! I shall add you on FB, so don't be scared if you get a request from Charles Olisanekwu! Is anyone going from London btw?
    Yeah I am. What route you taking, if you're going by train? I was thinking King's Cross to Cambridge but do you know another (cheaper/quicker) way?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by twistedinsanity)
    Yeah I am. What route you taking, if you're going by train? I was thinking King's Cross to Cambridge but do you know another (cheaper/quicker) way?
    Erm, the last time I went, I went from Liverpool Street (by train). I think it's much quicker from King's Cross though- that's how I'm planning on getting there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Im going as well and don't know anyone else either as am the only one from my school.

Everyone looking forward to it? :yes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by -MattHunter-)
    Hey,

Im going as well and don't know anyone else either as am the only one from my school.

Everyone looking forward to it? :yes:
    Yh, i've heard that it's really cool and that it actually helps you decide whether or not to do Law! Are you going from London as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Yh, i've heard that it's really cool and that it actually helps you decide whether or not to do Law! Are you going from London as well?
    Yeah, thats what I heard

No, not coming from London, I live near Brighton but my Dad lives kind of near Cambridge so he is taking me up the night before and I'm staying in a hotel nearby. Then just a taxi or something there on Monday..

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Peterhouse. Is that good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamaddict)
    YAY! I'm going! Just got confirmation that I'll be staying at Pembroke college! Anyone else staying there?!
    Im at Pembroke too .

You have Facebook? Mines facebook.com/Matthew.S.Hunter (I think, lol)

EDIT- Dont add that on Facebook as I need to check it is actually me! (Facebook blocked at school until 9PM )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadietomlins)
    yeah thats a fair point! can I add you on facebook or something? im interested to meet people before I go...
    Yep sure, I've just sent you a friend request on Facebook - if you get one from Rachel Watters, you'll know it's me

I got an email saying I have a room at Catherine's reserved for me but I'll be staying at St Chad's Accommodation Centre, which is a bit confusing - did anyone else get a message like this?

ReputationRep:
    I think someone should make a group on Facebook .

If no one else then I shall try to figure out how to later when I can get on it.

ReputationRep:
    Good Idea....I've made one!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=326048841174
    Please join haha...Right now it just has one member!
    First to join! (After creator of course). Do I get to be an admin? :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Good Idea....I've made one!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=326048841174
    Please join haha...Right now it just has one member!
    WOO!! I joined! Oh nd i accepted your friend request xD

ReputationRep:
    Just a little note about Colleges: all you really do there is eat and sleep, but staying in a nice college gives it that extra bit of atmosphere. Peterhouse and Pembroke are particularly lovely - Pembroke's food :love: - and they're not too far away from the lectures. You're nearer the centre of the town there, so going out in the evenings is a bit easier... well, it's just nicer if you're quite lazy like me I stayed in St.Chads Accommodation, which is the 2nd year accommodation for St. Catherine's college. Some people who were assigned to St. Catherine's last year stayed in the actual St. Catherine's main site, which is just as beautiful / same location / same good food as Pembroke.. those in St.Chad's are really really near the lectures, but a short walk out of the town centre. The main downside to this is that you still have to walk all the way back to the St. Catherine's main site for each meal and into the town for the evening activities. Don't get me wrong, it's not far, but it's not right outside your door. On the plus side, the rooms are really quite big and it's easier to meet new people because you're put into flats (if it's like mine last year) which have two bath / shower rooms with toilets, a gyp room, and 4 or 5 or 6 bedrooms in :yep:
    Don't hesitate to ask if you want more details.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.