Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am just about to start my biology AS coursework for Edexcel...

i have come up with some ideas, but really dont think they will work because the Edexcel student guide has such a narrow thing...

I originally wanted to write about this disease called "Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva" or FOP for short because i read something about it in an article, and it was really interesting.
    It is this disease where you fibrous tissue starts ossifying (turning into bone)

I told my teacher about it, and he seems to have said that if you can write about it, then go ahead...

my main worry is ... the first point on the edexcel marking thingy is that you need to be able to answer a biological issue or problem.

Any suggestions or do u think i should continue with FOP?

ReputationRep:
    If you feel like you can write about it then go for it. I was thinking of doing a report on a disease but decided I wouldn't be able to write about it. My cousin is doing something similar. He read about a fungus that kills frogs so wrote about that. He is with edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    yea that's fine but don't forget about the things your report should include to get the marks e.g
    graphs, social, ethical, enviromental issues and all that shizz...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.