Turn on thread page Beta

Human interaction doesn't seem that nice and pleasent... when you look too deep... watch

So I feel like I've been thinking way too much on the topic of friendship...

Why am I friends with people?
    Do people have to be interesting?
    Can people cease to be interesting?
    Am I just looking for closeness?
    Why do people want to be close?
    Is it selfish?

And so fourth...

And it's pretty damn Ugly...
    Now I can't even trust myself on whether I really care about people or just using them.

Bloody hell. Interpersonal Psychology... Word of advice: Don't ever analyse your intentions too much. It leads to depressing truths.

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if you care about them? As long as you are getting utility as you can out of them, you're doing well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Human interaction doesn't seem that nice and pleasent... when you look too deep...
    When I read this thread I just think "**** off and die you boring ****", so I guess you're onto something.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why it's depressing. Yeah, everybody uses each other, but at least that means that everyone has a use. Mutually-dependent selfishness :yy:

ReputationRep:
    It's part of being a living organism, innate selfishness, so just accept that everything is based around selfishness and work out what makes you happy, it might even be helping other people makes you happy, so enjoy your selfishness.

ReputationRep:
    We wouldn't have human interaction if it didn't benefit ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno...
    I do things which I think are selfless for my friends whenever the opportunity arises where it would be good for them to do so. You could say it was just for personal gain in the form of them liking me more, but most of the time it happens in a way that they don't even notice anyway (like when we're all chipping in for something and I know a friend is going to be short I put more in before it even comes up as a problem, without anyone realising it was me).

Meh, you will get back to normal interacting without over-analysing again soon.

(Original post by foxo)
    When I read this thread I just think "**** off and die you boring ****", so I guess you're onto something.
    Why are you so mean? :cry:

Screw you. Are you so special with your thoughts? Are you telling me you haven't ever thought about these things? Who the hell are you to decide what is boring/interesting?

Pokemon society? Yeah. Sooo much more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    It's called TOO deep for a reason. Stop over analysing everything, it'll only make you miserable (which by the looks of it, it already has).

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so mean? :cry:

Screw you. Are you so special with your thoughts? Are you telling me you haven't ever thought about these things? Who the hell are you to decide what is boring/interesting?

Pokemon society? Yeah. Sooo much more interesting.
    Sorry. I meant "**** off and die you boring, snivelling, pretentious little ****."

(Original post by foxo)
    Sorry. I meant "**** off and die you boring, snivelling, pretentious little ****."
    That's just class coming from someone who makes such statements.
    Please go look in a mirror.

We obviously have a pokemon loving keyboard warrior on our hands above... :rolleyes:

What you are saying is right and is the fact of life; many like to not believe it though.

ReputationRep:
    Why we feel isn't as important as what we feel. Now get over it and enjoy life.

(Original post by The Hatman)
    Why we feel isn't as important as what we feel. Now get over it and enjoy life.
    Some people get a kick out of understanding the world, whilst some are just content with existing.

ReputationRep:
    I've just looked in the mirror, and somehow it hasn't altered the fact you're a ****. Explain.

(Original post by foxo)
    I've just looked in the mirror, and somehow it hasn't altered the fact you're a ****. Explain.
    You really are a ******. What are you contributing to this thread? Go spread your ignorant arrogant views elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Some people get a kick out of understanding the world, whilst some are just content with existing.
    whilst others make insipid observations on life that wouldn't impress anyone over the age of fourteen.
    Fixed.

(Original post by foxo)
    Just had a look at your previous posts; you seem like a right bundle of laughs.

ReputationRep:
    Worst thread of 2010? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    You really are a ******. What are you contributing to this thread?
    I'm taking a couple of tossers down a notch. I'm not just contributing to this thread, I'm contributing to the betterment of society.

Go spread your ignorant arrogant views elsewhere.
    Nah.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.