Turn on thread page Beta

Human interaction doesn't seem that nice and pleasent... when you look too deep... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just had a look at your previous posts; you seem like a right bundle of laughs.
    Well, I was nominated best comedian once or twice, but I tend to disregard it because TSR's electorate is made up of the likes of you.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, why are people agreeing with this retard?

People have friends because it benefits them. BUT it doesnt only benefit them. Freindship is mutually beneficial. i enjoy the company of my friends and they enjoy mine. Its not a selfish act.

ReputationRep:
    THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I HAVE BEEN FEELING FOR 6 MONTHS.

Though I havent found it to depressing, more enlightening in a lonely sort of way.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'd be better off with no friends, but social unacceptance is not something you should bring upon yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Worst thread of 2010? :beard:
    Worst thread of 2010 SO FAR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    I don't see why it's depressing. Yeah, everybody uses each other, but at least that means that everyone has a use. Mutually-dependent selfishness :yy:
    This.

Sorry I can't be slightly more constructive, but I wouldn't be adding anything vaguely important.

It all ties back into the idea of natural selection http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Selfish_Gene

It's the truth and the logical way to think; but a truth that perhaps we are better off not knowing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene-ce...ution#Kindness

Sorry but this link is probably better for the context.

(Original post by Bslforever)
    Hang on, why are people agreeing with this retard?

People have friends because it benefits them. BUT it doesnt only benefit them. Freindship is mutually beneficial. i enjoy the company of my friends and they enjoy mine. Its not a selfish act.
    Cheers for the put down. You really had to include that, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Whatever. I don't really care about this thread anymore. Foxo obviously doesn't care for the thread, and doesn't seem to understand/accept that other people can find such thing to be a problem. Betterment of society? What? Telling someone to go die?

The jokes not really that funny nor is beating down on people who find the whole thing depressing. I wouldn't be too surprised if he was willing to put down people who were depressed actually, since the statements made show a serious lack of empathy.

(Original post by Nelo Angelo)
    Worst thread of 2010 SO FAR
    Does it make you feel better putting me down or something?

Go ahead. Here's a pool stick.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the put down. You really had to include that, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Whatever. I don't really care about this thread anymore. Foxo obviously doesn't care for the thread, and doesn't seem to understand/accept that other people can find such thing to be a problem. Betterment of society? What? Telling someone to go die?

The jokes not really that funny nor is beating down on people who find the whole thing depressing. I wouldn't be too surprised if he was willing to put down people who were depressed actually, since the statements made show a serious lack of empathy.
    Dude, you may be depressed but you don't have to drag as many people as you can down with you. Im sure there are emo forums out there for people like you to discuss your nihilistic philosophies.

(Original post by foxo)
    Well, I was nominated best comedian once or twice, but I tend to disregard it because TSR's electorate is made up of the likes of you.
    Look. Just because you don't find the whole thing to be a problem. Maybe, you've already passed the stage of experiencing existentialism or gotten over the fact that people are selfish. So the whole thing seems like an obvious observation to you. Whatever.

But honestly, why the hell do you have to make fun of me?

Do you go around making fun of all people that are down about something? Friends and Family? I doubt you act that way to them. Yet here, you feel it's OK to bash me?

Prove me wrong on the last statement and fine I'll accept that your attitude towards other people who dwell on these problems is just really unsympathetic.

Dude, you may be depressed but you don't have to drag as many people as you can down with you. Im sure there are emo forums out there for people like you to discuss your nihilistic philosophies.
    I'm not depressed. I'm just very unhappy with the way I am (ie. selfish individual) and felt the need to express that to see if there were other people who had similar views or had insight on how to get around the issue.

What I didn't deserve was bashing. All the time I've spent on H&R, I've never once put down people for experiencing a problem, and I don't understand why people would try to make other people feel worse on a forum.

If speaking up is dragging other people don't, are you suggesting that I should just shut up and bottle up things inside me? Not exactly practical.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    When you look deep down at the point of our lives, you will realise we are only here to propagate our genes.

But we give our own lives purpose, and not just go by the psychological or biological need.

This is life, deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Does it make you feel better putting me down or something?

Go ahead. Here's a pool stick.
    Well maybe YOU should learn to stop taking everything personally as an anonymous poster on the intenet

Does it make you feel good and the centre of attention to take every post in this thread as a personal comment against you?

Or are you just Trolling because thats a far more likely scenario

ReputationRep:
    I'm not depressed. I'm just very unhappy with the way I am (ie. selfish individual) and felt the need to express that to see if there were other people who had similar views or had insight on how to get around the issue.

What I didn't deserve was bashing. All the time I've spent on H&R, I've never once put down people for experiencing a problem, and I don't understand why people would try to make other people feel worse on a forum.

If speaking up is dragging other people don't, are you suggesting that I should just shut up and bottle up things inside me? Not exactly practical.
    Nope, you're missing the point. You are wrong. Life is not how you perceive it to be. People are not primarily selfish and friendship is not a selfish act.

What you are doing is telling people your rather twisted views on reality and propagating this whole doom and gloom feeling across tsr.

As for bottling it up, do whatever the hell you want. Run a hundred miles. Scream at the top of your lungs. Cry into your pillow, whatever floats your boat. Just try not to drag other people down with you.

Just becauseyou are a selfish individual, it doesn't mean that the same is true for every other person in the world. Egotistical much?

(Original post by Nelo Angelo)
    Well maybe YOU should learn to stop taking everything personally as an anonymous poster on the intenet

Does it make you feel good and the centre of attention to take every post in this thread as a personal comment against you?

Or are you just Trolling because thats a far more likely scenario
    Not all comments on this thread is an attack on me as an individual. There are people here that agree or share their views.

They however are different in the sense, that they didn't feel the need to attack another individual on the internet. What I want to know, why the hell do you do it? What purpose are you trying to achieve by belittling me or anybody else? Would you do it to your family? NO. Then why the hell do it to me?

You think people telling me that my thread/thoughts are stupid, is not going to have an effect on me? Truth is, you are personally attacking my thoughts even if you are just another person on the internet.

Nope, you're missing the point. You are wrong. Life is not how you perceive it to be. People are not primarily selfish and friendship is not a selfish act.

What you are doing is telling people your rather twisted views on reality and propagating this whole doom and gloom feeling across tsr.

As for bottling it up, do whatever the hell you want. Run a hundred miles. Scream at the top of your lungs. Cry into your pillow, whatever floats your boat. Just try not to drag other people down with you.

Just becauseyou are a selfish individual, it doesn't mean that the same is true for every other person in the world. Egotistical much?
    It's not a doom and gloom. I'm just introspecting and I've come to the conclusion that people have shared on this thread: Human interaction is mutually beneficial selfishness.

You're right. Not everybody has an issue with this like me, and I'm asking them why it's not a problem for them - It's not like I'm against people counteracting my beliefs. However, that doesn't remove the opinion currently that when looking at human interaction, that's what it comes down to.

What did you choose to do?
    Insult me rather than educate/help me get of this rut. Fair enough if you didn't have the time to help some random stranger, but was insulting me necessary in that case? How does that help me exactly?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I suppose ultimately making friends and being sociable is only for selfish ends. We do it automatically so we have some human contact so we don't go insane. I'd like to think I'd be nice to people without expecting reciprication in return but maybe even that's selfish because I want to be thought of as a nice person? Maybe we don't even find our friends that interesting but find them more interesting than other people so cling on to them? who knows.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a doom and gloom. I'm just introspecting and I've come to the conclusion that people have shared on this thread: Human interaction is mutually beneficial selfishness.

You're right. Not everybody has an issue with this like me, and I'm asking them why it's not a problem for them - It's not like I'm against people counteracting my beliefs. However, that doesn't remove the opinion currently that when looking at human interaction, that's what it comes down to.

What did you choose to do?
    Insult me rather than educate/help me get of this rut. Fair enough if you didn't have the time to help some random stranger, but was insulting me necessary in that case? How does that help me exactly?
    Not everyone has an issue. This is because there is no issue to be had. The people who have an issue have created it for themselves.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe YOU are a selfish person, and as a result, your friendships are selfish. Therefore this thread is about YOUR human interactions, not everyone else's.

You don't need education. You need to sack up and handle life like everyone else. I would take pity on you, i would be sympathetic and i am generally quite an apathetic person. However you have no problem. You need no help. You just need to grow up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.