Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I keep waiting for forget about him? watch

Ok, it's anon bucause cba with anyone knowing it's me.

So, I need an outside p.o.v please. I think advice from friends has become kind of biased and not very useful. I'll try and cut a long story as short as possible..

Ok, so I met this boy last year and we were 'seeing' each other (although we never actually called it that, we were just having fun and it wasn't serious) for around a month. It got pretty serious though and very boyfriend/girlfriend ish. He then dumped me by text for another girl (who he never actually dated. It was just a very causal summer thing).

So that was over. We are in the same 6th form so I saw him like everyday and it was really weird and we never talked. It was like we never even knew each other and I was still not really over him.

So then around November time we were in a party together and I ended up kissing him and having a really big conversation and he seemed genuinely sorry for what he did (the dumping/ignoring me for the last 3 months/general stuff) and told me he still liked me. But then it went back to the same routine of ignoring me again everyday.

Soooo, then in December we had another long talk in another party and we ended up going out (mostly because 'we never gave it a chance'). So we were together for two weeks but we only saw each other that night and the next day because it was the holidays after that. That day was reall good though and it felt right to be with him and I had really missed being with him. But then whenever I texted him when I didn't see him over the holidays and he just seemed really offish. I've cut out a lot of crap that makes the story very long here hahaa.

So then we ended it (kind of mutually) by Facebook chat because of 'exams/not ready for full time relationship'. We said we should talk in person about it and we never did so now we are back to the 'ignoring each other' stage again.

So really my question is should I carry on seeing what could happen with him so should I just forget about him? Exams will be over soon and things may change again? He did say if he wanted to be with someone he would want it to be me so there are still feelings there. I still want to be friends with him even if we don't go out but he makes it very difficult to talk because he seems to aviod situations in school where we would talk. All of my friends tell me I should never go back to him and I know I shouldn't really because he's messed me around so much but for some reason I keep wanting to see what could happen.

If you were in my position what would you? Thank you for reading I know it was probably kind of boring.

ReputationRep:
    Forget about him. Unless you enjoy being messed about.

ReputationRep:
    Screw that douchebag, he sounds like an ********

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.