Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It frightens me when people who don't know a jot about bb can't differentiate between fat and muscle. Just because someone looks 'bulked' it doesn't mean they are on par with someone with lean gains, because chances are because they're 90% fat (exaggerated but emphasis) and 10% muscle (again, exaggerated). No, the guy is not kickarse because he gained all that fat, if i wanted to gain fat i would lay off the gym and just swarm my arse at maccy d's. Chances are, the ****** does not even know what a squat is and just pokes around on the chest press machine. Rant over.

Muscle growth takes time, a lot of time to get big (3 years i'd say to get to what i'd deem 'big' and 'cut'). NEVER go for quick bucks.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Cool story bro.

Haha that made me laugh so much, I love you.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YL_LDN)
    It frightens me when people who don't know a jot about bb can't differentiate between fat and muscle. Just because someone looks 'bulked' it doesn't mean they are on par with someone with lean gains, because chances are because they're 90% fat (exaggerated but emphasis) and 10% muscle (again, exaggerated). No, the guy is not kickarse because he gained all that fat, if i wanted to gain fat i would lay off the gym and just swarm my arse at maccy d's. Chances are, the ****** does not even know what a squat is and just pokes around on the chest press machine. Rant over.

Muscle growth takes time, a lot of time to get big (3 years i'd say to get to what i'd deem 'big' and 'cut'). NEVER go for quick bucks.

Your post doesn't even make any sense. I think you'll find that someone who goes on a bulk and therefore looks "bulked", as you like to put it, is capable of gaining a lot more muscle than someone who barely eats over maintenance. If you knew anything about bb, you'd know that's what competitors do, as staying takes too long. It's makes much more sense to go on a bulk, gain more muscle and thus fat, and then cut down for a competition.

ReputationRep:
    Huh?

ReputationRep:
    Bawww.

ReputationRep:
    How big is big and how cut is cut?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't make sense to me but I find the OP strangely amusing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokel)
    Your post doesn't even make any sense. I think you'll find that someone who goes on a bulk and therefore looks "bulked", as you like to put it, is capable of gaining a lot more muscle than someone who barely eats over maintenance. If you knew anything about bb, you'd know that's what competitors do, as staying takes too long. It's makes much more sense to go on a bulk, gain more muscle and thus fat, and then cut down for a competition.

If you want to go and do a load of cardio to burn the fat covering all the gained muscle then be my guest. Over maintainence is fine, its when some fool eats every piece of **** in site that he becomes 'fat bulked' (hence the name 'dirty bulk') . You can only gain VERY LITTLE muscle in small timeframes, it takes time and obv people don't get this.

Did i say ANYTHING about competitive bodybuilding? Your average Joe is not wanting to become the next Cutler so thats your argument out of the window. Whats the point in adding so much excess fat when you can gain lean muscle (and yes, fat gain is inevitable but minimisation is V-E-R-Y attainable). And, for a noob , the most i've seen gain is 35 pounds of muscle in a year and even at first i didn't believe him until he showed me the figures, 25 pounds is more realistc for a noob in his first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YL_LDN)
    If you want to go and do a load of cardio to burn the fat covering all the gained muscle then be my guest. Over maintainence is fine, its when some fool eats every piece of **** in site that he becomes 'fat bulked' (hence the name 'dirty bulk') . You can only gain VERY LITTLE muscle in small timeframes, it takes time and obv people don't get this.

Did i say ANYTHING about competitive bodybuilding? Your average Joe is not wanting to become the next Cutler so thats your argument out of the window. Whats the point in adding so much excess fat when you can gain lean muscle (and yes, fat gain is inevitable but minimisation is V-E-R-Y attainable). And, for a noob , the most i've seen gain is 35 pounds of muscle in a year and even at first i didn't believe him until he showed me the figures, 25 pounds is more realistc for a noob in his first year.

You said bodybuilding, forgive me for thinking you meant actual bodybuilding:rolleyes:

If you want to talk about the average Joe, then I will. The average Joe would be better off going at least 1000 calories over maintenance, then a few hundred. The average Joe wouldn't need to do loads of cardio to burn fat, infact he wouldn't need to do any cardio at all. He should simply reduce calorie intake and carry on lifting as normal. Losing fat is far easier than gaining muscle and if an overall gain in muscle is what the average joe wants, then he'd be much better off gaining a few extra pounds of fat, which can easily be burned off, and he'll be left with more muscle. A fews weeks to go on a cut is all it would take.

What's so wrong with a dirty bulk? Why do think a dirty bulk will make you "fat bulked" but a clean bulk won't? If you go that far over maintenance then you'll get "fat bulked"(what the frick that means) regardless.

As for your original point, what the hell makes you think the average noob, can't tell the differance with a fat person(or fat bulked, as you like to say) and a lean muscular person? Or that they can't differentiate between fat and muscle?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.