Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No matter how hard I try I still hate the way I look Watch

For years I've been battling the mirror, and it's finally getting the better of me. I'm sick of getting close to girls, them showing interest (or even taking it further) then they see a 'hot' guy and **** off. I'm also sick of people making comments and faces behind my back. I'm a guy, but I just feel like crying out of frustration right now.

I plan to get surgery in the summer if I can find a job, but even that won't do me that much good. Firstly, because my genes are **** and so there is only so much you polish a turd, secondly, if I were to get surgery then I won't have any money for uni.

I'm at uni right now and we have like 2 doctors/councilors between 20,000+ students, so I can't even see anybody for counseling.

It's even hard just to make friends when you're not good looking; I just can't deal with it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Well those girls are idiots if they treat you that way. And well, everyone's beautiful in their own way aren't they? Well that's what you should think, 'cause self-hating probably isn't the way to go.

I don't think I'm attractive, but that's life right? I can't change the way I look, so, just accept it and move on I guess. That's my theory

And don't do surgery, that sounds awful. God made you the way you were and you should be proud of who you are

ReputationRep:
    Really i think you just have to try not to take things like that personally. and really, they probably only like the 'hot' guys for their looks and that's worse. if they're really that shallow you're better off not wasting your time on them and you'll find someone lovely who likes you for you

cliché and a half i know, and it's hard to get used to but it's true

and i agree, surgery isn't a good plan. see jocelyn van whatsit for further details.

ReputationRep:
    You can polish a turd all you like, but it's still a turd on the inside, mate.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on getting the point of that phrase, Ladies Man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan W)
    Congrats on getting the point of that phrase, Ladies Man.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For years I've been battling the mirror, and it's finally getting the better of me.
    maybe you should try kickboxing lessons...

ReputationRep:
    Pics

ReputationRep:
    OP, you know when those girls who show an interest in you **** off when they see a 'hot guy'...yeah, that hot guy is me :wink2:

Stop being so negative dude, if I can get girls with my absolute **** personality but drop dead gorgeous looks...then it's certainly possible for you to get them with an absolute **** look but a great personality.

Oh wait, it doesn't work that way round :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    1. Anyone can make friends, and meet a partner, its not about how you look, its about how you feel and the way you present yourself.

2. This isnt a battle with the mirror, its your mindset that you need to change, learning to accept yourself, whilst making the best of yourself is very valuable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    OP, you know when those girls who show an interest in you **** off when they see a 'hot guy'...yeah, that hot guy is me :wink2:

Stop being so negative dude, if I can get girls with my absolute **** personality but drop dead gorgeous looks...then it's certainly possible for you to get them with an absolute **** look but a great personality.

Oh wait, it doesn't work that way round :awesome:
    life's a *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessie t)
    Well those girls are idiots if they treat you that way. And well, everyone's beautiful in their own way aren't they? Well that's what you should think, 'cause self-hating probably isn't the way to go.

I don't think I'm attractive, but that's life right? I can't change the way I look, so, just accept it and move on I guess. That's my theory

And don't do surgery, that sounds awful. God made you the way you were and you should be proud of who you are

agreed!!!

ReputationRep:
    If you were so unattractive these girls wouldn't be attracted to you at all. However, if you feel you're unattractive that can show over time, and put the girls off you. It sounds like all you need is a bit of faith in yourself and your looks. Someone that doesn't believe they are goodlooking enough for me would definitely lower their attractiveness to me, simply because I'd maybe think they were only with me because they couldn't get anybody else... I know that's my insecurities, but I think most people at least feel a little like this.

ReputationRep:
    aww dont take notice of anyone, the world can be a cruel place.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.