Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys

I'm new and I've been coming on here for a while as a visitor and I finally decided to join.

Had my first round last week and i'm through to the A/C.... has anyone had the A/C yet? or has anyone had an offer? any tips?

The first interview I really enjoyed and the lady was lovely. I dont really know what to expect from the partner interview.

Any tips or information would really be appreciated!

Thanks guys :-)

Congrats on getting this far, the volume of applications received rejected before this stage is insane. I took the AC for Deloitte last year so presume they haven't changed it much

Definately check out Wikijob if you haven't already as there is loads of info there.

You will most likely have to do an E-Tray exercise. The Civil Service has a practice one that will be similar to the one you will face on the day so you can have a practice to feel a bit more comfortable.

You will probably get taken out to lunch by some of the current 1st/2nd years, and not sure on this but they will know the partner interviewing you so they could be asked what their impressions of you were so remember to show an interest even when not in the direct interview situation.

The partner asked me to talk about a relevant story in the news that related to the service line I was joining so make sure you have a couple in mind. Even if it is just checking BBC Business news on the day.

The partner interview can feel like abit of a chat, as they want to see if they like you as a person and feel like you would fit into the team well. So its important to remember to get accross your strengths even if you aren't directly asked to give them.

Anything else you wanted to know?

Thanks so much for the helpful and indepth reply! did you get any feedback on ur A/C i.e what not to do?

They said they will contact me to book a date im expecting them to take a while with this as i applied since october! at least it will give me plenty of time to prepare :-)

cheers x
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.