Turn on thread page Beta

I hate posting stuff like this but **** it here I go!...

I am nearly 18 and never had a relationship before, don't get me wrong I've tried. The one and only girl I've ever loved enough to ask out turned me down (I'm quite shy when it comes to that sort of thing, mostly because I just feel unwanted in that department) I just wish I could be given a chance...

Is it anything to worry about?

ReputationRep:
    No, there are loads of posts on here from people older than you who have never had a bf/gf. Girls will turn you down, you won't always be their 'type'. Try to be yourself and don't shut down around girls and you'll get a good on soon enough

ReputationRep:
    Stop touching yourself

ReputationRep:
    Short answer, no.

Longer answer:

1. You are only 17, this is a great time to start getting to know yourself more, before you start sharing yourself with someone else.

2. Work on yourself, get really fit and healthy, get good grades, get a job and earn some money, play some sport. This will make you a really well rounded person, you will get out, get more confidence and meet lots of new people.

3. I know how you feel, but it doesnt mean you are unwated or never going to succeed and have a fulfilling relationsip. Its great that you asked someone out, and although you got rejected, there are 6.5 billion other people to meet!

ReputationRep:
    theres plenty more fish in the sea...dry your eyes mate :music:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I hate posting stuff like this but **** it here I go!...

I am nearly 18 and never had a relationship before, don't get me wrong I've tried. The one and only girl I've ever loved enough to ask out turned me down (I'm quite shy when it comes to that sort of thing, mostly because I just feel unwanted in that department) I just wish I could be given a chance...

Is it anything to worry about?
    This is your problem, you loved a girl before you had even gone out?..

Before you're ready for a relationship you need to be able to differentiate between love and infatuation.

ReputationRep:
    nope

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.