Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm going to be doing French and German. . Is anyone else doing this course? I'm really excited, but I'm a bit worried about accommodation tbh

ReputationRep:
    I'm firmed, going to be doing Comp Sci. Don't worry, I don't have a magnum p.i. moustache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyp123)
    Don't worry, I don't have a magnum p.i. moustache.

Grow one.

Please...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by LucienG)
    A fellow medic

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm doing Law
    So excited about studying in London ! Can't wait !
    I'm just worried about my accent ( I'm french ) : I hope it won't sound too ridiculous :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashteen)
    Hi
    I'm doing Law
    I'm just worried about my accent ( I'm french ) : I hope it won't sound too ridiculous :/
    I'm sure you'll be fine! There will be other international applicants too, or ones with various accents.

Congrats on your offer

ReputationRep:
    thanks, I hope you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    A fellow medic

Hi! That's a relief, I was starting to think I'd be the only one! :lol:

See you in September. :five:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. There will almost certainly be students from Liverpool there. You could never sound as ridiculous as them.

No offence to anyone from Liverpool of course.

Oh, what the hell, take offence if you want to. I'll never understand your insults anyway...

Disclaimer: Please, please understand that this is tongue in cheek. I wouldn't normally write this, but you can never be too careful on the internet. There are paedophiles and knife-carriers and people who like Justin Beiber and all sorts of nutters online.

ReputationRep:

but I was wondering, what's the average number of international students among law students at KCL ?

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought it changes every year... Just depends how good the international applications are?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm doing Law
    don't worry about it. i am an international myself.. im more worried about not being able to catch onto whats said during lectures/tutorials quick enough.

ReputationRep:
    so am I ! I guess there will be a lot of extra work but it's worth it

ReputationRep:
    the thing is that I'm worried because I'm on a gap year, so it will be hard to go back in the routine. But I heard that a lot people went on a gap year so it's kind of reassuring.

ReputationRep:
    I know the topic has already been discussed a thousand time but which one is better to meet new people and make friends : stamford street apartments or great dover street appartments ?

ReputationRep:
    I know the topic has already been discussed a thousand time but which one is better to meet new people and make friends : stamford street apartments or great dover street appartments ?
    I would imagine that they are fairly similar. I think their internal structures are the same - they're both organised into apartments so you should get to know everyone else in your one.

I think realistically it will be quite difficult to meet people in other apartments, even those directly above or below yours. Some of my friends who live in similar buildings at different universities don't know anyone from their neighbouring apartments.

Don't worry about it. You're more likely to meet new people through your course or any clubs or societies you join anyway.

I am willing to be corrected on all of this.

ReputationRep:
    another kings firmer..

does anyones know where medics have most of their lectures in the first year and whats involved mostly in the first year, and when do we get to take electives and to how many locations do we get to go to? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Najeezy - good to see another medic here .

As far as I know all the lectures are at Guy's Campus. Electives take place at the beginning of the fifth year. There are twenty places which King's has connections with but I think you can go anywhere you want, as long as you make your own arrangements.

Here's the curriculum: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/medicin...urriculum.html
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by najeezy)
    another kings firmer..

does anyones know where medics have most of their lectures in the first year and whats involved mostly in the first year, and when do we get to take electives and to how many locations do we get to go to? thanks.
    Another medic!

As LucienG said, most lectures are at Guy's campus, with the occassional one or two at Waterloo, I think. First year is divided into Phase 1 and Phase 2. Phase 1 is the basic sciencey concepts, which involve lectures, dissection, practicals etc and you start Phase 2 in the second term, after January exams and this is when case based learning begins!

ReputationRep:
    Hiii

I firmed Kings for Biomedicine. :woo: :yy:

Anyone else for biomed??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.