Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Ali1616)
    I put down the 13th as my preferred choice on the form they sent us - but haven't heard anything since :confused: Are you?
    Well I'm going on 1st April so I've been sent an e-mail, I'm sure you'll get one in the next week or two!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucienG)
    Hi . Did your invitation to the post offer open day come in a package with your offer? It's just that I went to one last year and I got a confirmation email from them in mid-March. I think my offer letter came in January but I can't remember if I got the open day invitation with it. So you might have to wait a couple of months before they tell you you've got a place at the open day. I do remember being worried about their taking so long to get back to me though. That seems to be King's all over!
    Yeah I think I did - got my offer in December. I guess I'll get it soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucienG)
    I went for GDS with Stamford St as 2nd choice in the end.
    That would be my 2 choices too but I cant believe that im such a low priority just because i live within the m25

its tragic

ReputationRep:
    Just updated the Freshers' list I hope you like my new special category.

Btw, I've noticed how many French girls there are doing Law. :-0 I think this could be a good time to bring up the fact that I am crazy about french girls lol

Anyhow, I am firming KCL RIGHT NOW!
    See you in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepianist)
    Just updated the Freshers' list I hope you like my new special category.

Btw, I've noticed how many French girls there are doing Law. :-0 I think this could be a good time to bring up the fact that I am crazy about french girls lol

Anyhow, I am firming KCL RIGHT NOW!
    See you in September!
    I love the new category. Name and shame them.

I think mel0n may be doing the English Language & Literature (Q300) course as oppossed to the pure English Language/Communication one.

ReputationRep:
    LAW 2010 wooooooooo
    I am currently in Wiltshire, and I live in a tiny village - so london is going to be insane haha!
    I think it will be overwhelming at first, but it will be amazing - I can't wait to just go to the old bailey/high courts!
    I want to join millions of societies and get wasted loads and go to as many gigs as possible AND STUDY REAL HARD haha,

I am mega worried about how much everything costs... as well as which accomadation to go for? Pretty sure atm i am going to go for stamford, maybe great dover (but thats pretty far away from strand campus).

eeeeeeeeeee so exciting, just need my 3 As now!
    well done everyone! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Course
    - Current location
    - Expectations
    - Worries
    - etc...

ReputationRep:
    Course:
    War Studies with History

Expectation:
    To have a lotttt of fun

Worries:
    Freaking out!

So excited though for sure
    Freshers should be amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances222)
    LAW 2010 wooooooooo
    I am currently in Wiltshire, and I live in a tiny village - so london is going to be insane haha!
    I think it will be overwhelming at first, but it will be amazing - I can't wait to just go to the old bailey/high courts!
    I want to join millions of societies and get wasted loads and go to as many gigs as possible AND STUDY REAL HARD haha,

I am mega worried about how much everything costs... as well as which accomadation to go for? Pretty sure atm i am going to go for stamford, maybe great dover (but thats pretty far away from strand campus).
    Hiya - go for something near the Waterloo Campus. First year Law students will be based at Waterloo, not Strand. Good luck with your accommodation applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky Quillish)
    Course:
    War Studies with History

Expectation:
    To have a lotttt of fun

Worries:
    Freaking out!

So excited though for sure
    Freshers should be amazing!!
    Hi! I'm doing War Studies with History as well. Hopefully, I'll see you in September!

ReputationRep:
    Course: Law
    Current location: Poland
    Expectations: Hoping for the best time of my life
    Worries: I wonder what happens if I don't get the desired 38 points in IB to fulfill my offer? -.- My insurance choice will be Queen Mary with 36 and 6,6,6 in HL subjects. Still, I am afraid of ending in a situation such as: that I get 37 and a 5 in one of my HL subjects so I might miss both offers...

ReputationRep:
    Anybody get a message about this http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ug/openday/kingslive.html ? / Is anyone going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    Anybody get a message about this http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ug/openday/kingslive.html ? / Is anyone going?
    I got that days and days ago and am going to go Up for the open day on the 14th anyway so I thought I might just hang around and go with one of my friends who is already at King's... Might get her to give me the insider's tour as well! Really looking forward to it...

ReputationRep:
    Elo!

Course: Law
    Current location: I wish i could say something cool like...The North Pole....but no, it's Birmingham :P
    Expectations: To have an awesomly epic time
    Worries: Too manyy!! I actually CANNOT WAIT! But i'm so scared! It seems like such a big step *blink*

ReputationRep:
    - Course: History
    - Current location: N.Wales
    - Expectations Have a great time, meet interesting people
    - Worries erm...............that i wont like some of the people, none really.
    - etc...

ReputationRep:
    Hey could neone help me with the uni accomodation choice?
    how far is intercollegiate halls like (connaught and internationall hall) far from Waterloo and strand campus?? is proximity a disadvantage when it cms to thse halls?
    Would i be able to walk everyday? or is it tiring?
    Is stamford better than Intercoll halls?

PLS! HELP ME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahML)
    Hey could neone help me with the uni accomodation choice?
    how far is intercollegiate halls like (connaught and internationall hall) far from Waterloo and strand campus?? is proximity a disadvantage when it cms to thse halls?
    Would i be able to walk everyday? or is it tiring?
    Is stamford better than Intercoll halls?

PLS! HELP ME

I AM IN THE EXACT SAME POSITION!
    i like connaught hall the best, as its cheap and really pretty haha.
    but then stamford street is JUST kings, and so much closer to waterloo.
    i just dont know!
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    lol we r all confused arent we! :P i like connaught too!! bt then the distance? although they say 20 minuite walk.. imaigine in winter? woah -_- + Stamford street is right ther nuh! argh! this is annoying
    wher r u from??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahML)
    lol we r all confused arent we! :P i like connaught too!! bt then the distance? although they say 20 minuite walk.. imaigine in winter? woah -_- + Stamford street is right ther nuh! argh! this is annoying
    wher r u from??

Im from near bath, what about you?
    where else have you applied/what is your course? xx

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how so many people are complaining about the 20-30 minute walk from the intercollegiate halls to King's. Lazy people! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    I can't believe how so many people are complaining about the 20-30 minute walk from the intercollegiate halls to King's. Lazy people! :p:

lol! r u gona apply fr intercolls aswel?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.