Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahML)
    lol! r u gona apply fr intercolls aswel?
    :yes: Already have.

Top choices:
    Connaught
    Garden Halls
    Nutford
    Hampstead

Not too keen on College Hall/International Hall or the apartments. I would honestly be happy in any of the above as long as it's a single room. I think I regret putting Nutford above Hampstead, but both of them are in really nice areas so I don't really mind. Nutford House may be far from KCL, but I only have 10 hours a week and it's right next to Hyde Park and Oxford Street. :woo: After visiting Hampstead I was going to put it first, but eventually decided that the intercollegiates were better suited to me (catered and mixing with other UoL students).

I absolutely loved Hampstead though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances222)
    Im from near bath, what about you?
    where else have you applied/what is your course? xx

Im from Sri Lanka..
    I applied to King's, Southampton, Nottingham, City uni of london and Queen Mary.. I got all ma offers well kings and QM offerd me fr Bsness management n the rest for Economics..
    King's hv a gud rep.. so myt as wel go ther i guess
    So prolly u myt hv been to kings yeah? hows it? n the distance from intercolls =p hv any idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    :yes: Already have.

Top choices:
    Connaught
    Garden Halls
    Nutford
    Hampstead

Not too keen on College Hall/International Hall or the apartments. I would honestly be happy in any of the above as long as it's a single room. I think I regret putting Nutford above Hampstead, but both of them are in really nice areas so I don't really mind. Nutford House may be far from KCL, but I only have 10 hours a week and it's right next to Hyde Park and Oxford Street. :woo: After visiting Hampstead I was going to put it first, but eventually decided that the intercollegiates were better suited to me (catered and mixing with other UoL students).

I absolutely loved Hampstead though...
    Connaught seems rilli nice hopefully il find sum frnds who' walk from intercols to the campus! then it wudn rili be a prob!
    Hampstead residencies seemd so old! bt since its really far i basically made it ma last choice lol
    so wts the course ur duing?

ReputationRep:
    Connaught seems rilli nice hopefully il find sum frnds who' walk from intercols to the campus! then it wudn rili be a prob!
    Hampstead residencies seemd so old! bt since its really far i basically made it ma last choice lol
    so wts the course ur duing?
    BA English Language & Communication at Waterloo/Strand. I think the distance from Hampstead is definitely something that will put people off. It's in zone 4! The area is really nice though and the accommodation look larger than any other King's or UoL halls. I suppose it depends on what block you get put in though.

I'm really excited about finding out which halls I'm going to get. :woo: I think I should know sooner because my offer is unconditional. :p:

I've prepared myself to be happy with anything other than Wolfson, Liberty or King's College Hall. All of the accommodation has it's individual advantages and disadvantages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    BA English Language & Communication at Waterloo/Strand. I think the distance from Hampstead is definitely something that will put people off. It's in zone 4! The area is really nice though and the accommodation look larger than any other King's or UoL halls. I suppose it depends on what block you get put in though.

I'm really excited about finding out which halls I'm going to get. :woo: I think I should know sooner because my offer is unconditional. :p:

I've prepared myself to be happy with anything other than Wolfson, Liberty or King's College Hall. All of the accommodation has it's individual advantages and disadvantages.
    woah! ur some one who doesnt complain! u play it cool! thts really nice.. m sure ul make alot of frnds ther hehe! n an unconditional offer is amazing! im like freakd out.. since iv got to get the grades :P wher r u from? btw id rathr live with ma bros in london than in Hampstead since its closer 2 my college hehe

ReputationRep:
    FIRMING KINGS COLLEGE LONDON

- Course Computer Science /w Management + Placement Year

- Current location Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset near Bristol

- Expectations New people, new city, new life maybe? Oh yeah a degree and a whole lot of fun.

- Worries We shall see. They will come along the way. The main one will be homesickness.

Short but sweet. Where's everyone staying at accomodation wise? I'm probably going to be based at Strand so Stamford Street Apartments will probably be my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys ma course starts on sept 1st.. then when would the freshers week be ? pls lemme know

ReputationRep:
    firmed KCL pharmacy...waterloo campus :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    firmed KCL pharmacy...waterloo campus :woo:
    your course starts so early?

i was told 27th september for mine, with registration week before that along with Fresher's week just before that.

the term dates are here on their website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/about/semester.html

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys ma course starts on sept 1st.. then when would the freshers week be ? pls lemme know

Did you get that date from UCAS? I don't know why but King's never seem to tell them their term dates. 1st September is the default date that UCAS says when they haven't been given real ones. If you look at the King's website they say that the 2010-2011 term starts on 27th September with Fresher's week ("Registration week") starting on 20th, I think. So we get another couple of weeks at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucienG)
    Did you get that date from UCAS? I don't know why but King's never seem to tell them their term dates. 1st September is the default date that UCAS says when they haven't been given real ones. If you look at the King's website they say that the 2010-2011 term starts on 27th September with Fresher's week ("Registration week") starting on 20th, I think. So we get another couple of weeks at home.
    Thankyou n yay! 27th sounds gr8.. prolly myt be able to fly to london by the 20th! Hopefully!! hehe

ReputationRep:
    is there anyway that you can actually view the accommodation on offer? or do you just have to make your decision on the images given on the websites? do they let you view to accommodation on open days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patienceistheword)
    is there anyway that you can actually view the accommodation on offer? or do you just have to make your decision on the images given on the websites? do they let you view to accommodation on open days?
    You've probably seen it already, but theres a virtual tour on the website too so you can have a better look,
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/virtualtour/accommodation.html
    think thats the link (although yeah you've probably seen it)

theres virtual tours of the intercollegiate halls too, but its on the UOL website rather than the Kings one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimboo)
    You've probably seen it already, but theres a virtual tour on the website too so you can have a better look,
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/virtualtour/accommodation.html
    think thats the link (although yeah you've probably seen it)

theres virtual tours of the intercollegiate halls too, but its on the UOL website rather than the Kings one.
    thanks for your reply,ye i'm constantly on the virtual tour trying to suss out which to go for lol :-s, do you know if the stamford street apprts have a common room kind of thing, where the people on your floor can lounge around?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting Biomedical Sciences at King's in September. I'm Belgian/British but have never lived in England, so that should be interesting... :P
    A few of my friends go there already, and of course looking forward to meeting lots of new people! Main worry: my age, will only be 17 and that's gonna affect my Fresher's week partying/social life in general till I turn 18 (in January).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camilla 2501)
    Hi, I'm starting Biomedical Sciences at King's in September. I'm Belgian/British but have never lived in England, so that should be interesting... :P
    A few of my friends go there already, and of course looking forward to meeting lots of new people! Main worry: my age, will only be 17 and that's gonna affect my Fresher's week partying/social life in general till I turn 18 (in January).
    I'm sure you'll be fine at events organised by the student union. As long as you don't look too young I can't imagine the staff asking for ID. I'll be 19 when I go this year (20 in November) and I probably look younger than you.

ReputationRep:
    hiii

Im doing medicine, im from the glorious county of Essex
    I was just wondering what halls is everyone going for I thought maybe gt dover st/ stamford st but the intercollegiate halls look better?? are they close to the Kings campuses like strand and guys etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdalby)
    hiii

Im doing medicine, im from the glorious county of Essex
    I was just wondering what halls is everyone going for I thought maybe gt dover st/ stamford st but the intercollegiate halls look better?? are they close to the Kings campuses like strand and guys etc?

Hello. Lots of medics showing up here now.

Here's a map of where everything is:

I think most medical students would go for Great Dover Street or Stamford. GDSA is my first choice.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    For the medics, dentists, nurses and biomeds:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...3121723&ref=mf

I hope this works :p:

I'm so excited about coming to King's! (grades permitting...)

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science - Firm

Oh and... **** UCL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.