Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

- Course: History (Uncondtional offer - currently on a very boring gap year)
    - Current location: Near Bristol
    - Expectations: I am insanely excited to be living in London (my favourite city ever!), making new friends, getting back into studying again etc.
    - Worries: Accomodation. I really do not want catered (I'm vegetarian/sometimes vegan plus I'm fairly keen on healthy eating) which means that the inter-collegite halls - which I otherwise would love - are really not ideal for me. I'm hoping to get SSA but I know thats really unlikely. Fingers crossed I don't end up in catered or having to share a room (bathroom I'm fine with sharing, bedroom... just no!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamolxes)
    Computer Science - Firm

Oh and... **** UCL
    Take it you were unsuccessful with UCL too?

Anyways, think about it this way. I prefered Kings Open Day to UCL and I think the way King's presented itself was overall more impressive IMO. Kings is also a Russell Group University, so I wouldn't worry much about prospects and reputation.

Kings College, London FTW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    I'm sure you'll be fine at events organised by the student union. As long as you don't look too young I can't imagine the staff asking for ID. I'll be 19 when I go this year (20 in November) and I probably look younger than you.
    Haha thanks, but I did get a letter saying I'll be given a SPECIAL student card that lets the staff know I'm underage... Go Kings! :P

ReputationRep:
    Course: Adult Nursing

Current location: Manchester

Expectations: Going to one of the best unis in the world, living in a vibrant city and meeting some amazing people!

Fears: Living in halls as a student nurse might be hard. I will be working all sorts of crazy shifts so worried about getting some shut eye while everyone around me is partying. And being a little older thanmy flatmates

Really excited, but a little scared too. Thinking of going into catering halls just to make sure I get fed, but unsure if I will be around during meal times. Do they have short time slots? or is it quite relaxed?

Best of luck to everyone, might see you around

*Nurses ftw*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camilla 2501)
    Hi, I'm starting Biomedical Sciences at King's in September. I'm Belgian/British but have never lived in England, so that should be interesting... :P
    A few of my friends go there already, and of course looking forward to meeting lots of new people! Main worry: my age, will only be 17 and that's gonna affect my Fresher's week partying/social life in general till I turn 18 (in January).
    Hi there! I'm going to have the same problem come September, don't worry! I'm starting medicine at King's in September and I turn 18 in October, so I'm a bit worried too. If we can't get into anything, we'll have our own party! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    For the medics, dentists, nurses and biomeds:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...3121723&ref=mf

I hope this works :p:

I'm so excited about coming to King's! (grades permitting...)
    Ahh, cheers for this! Was gonna create a thread asking if anybody had created a medics/dentists etc freshers group

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Business Management

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Biomed finally...

ReputationRep:
    -Physics
    -Herts
    -lotsa things
    -worried about keeping up with the course

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm pretty sure I've already done this but apparently it hasn't been spotted so I'll try again.

English Language and Communication

The Lake District

I'm looking forward to joining societies, learning a new language, living in London, meeting new people, taking the AKC, finding new hobbies, learning interesting things... The list is nearly endless.

I'm worried that I won't have enough time to do everything I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Course - Neuroscience
    Current Location - Liverpool
    Expectations - Everything about King's really, academic and social wise .
    Worries - London's such a big, big city and such a long way away I fear I may get homesick and more likely incredibly lost.

ReputationRep:
    Hey so glad to have firmed this now gotta work my ass off :P

- Course- Physics
    - Current location-Ireland
    - Expectations-alot of work,alot of drinking!!!
    - Worries-losing my phone!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else been sent one of those 'The Map' book things, with a London A-Z and some info on the top attractions/events in London from Kings? I was just looking through it, and now I'm more excited than ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattie1992)
    Has anyone else been sent one of those 'The Map' book things, with a London A-Z and some info on the top attractions/events in London from Kings? I was just looking through it, and now I'm more excited than ever!
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattie1992)
    Yeah. It's just a map though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Biomedical Sciences
    Madrid (Spain)
    I think I'll love it
    Worries... Well I already have a couple of good friends in London but It's like I am gonna start a new life! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed King's for Dentistry - so, so, so excited! I think GDSA is my first-choice for accomodation. Gonna put Wolfson, KCH and some intercollegietes as well

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics!
    Strand Campus
    London, should be good, in the centre
    I got no idea of what to expect for my course lol

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow KCL'ers!! =)

ReputationRep:
    Accepted for English. Hoping to concentrate largely on Film as well within the department.
    From Los Angeles, California.
    Lookin' forward to meetin' some o' ya.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.