Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepianist)
    Where are you travelling from? I'm in Knightsbridge It's just an hour's walk away hehe.

Apparently if you don't live in the unis accomodation it may be a bit harder, but I think because it's not a campus uni it won't matter that much. The key thing for us both is to be active during freshers week as possible You already have one friend there (moi) so you're ahead of most people! I think we'll be fine.
    Aw thank you! :shakehand: :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucienG)
    That's what my mate told me when I went to visit him in Newcastle but I still didn't go anywhere near his month-old loaf of bread...

hahahahahhaha. best ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellica)
    hahahahahhaha. best ever

Thangyouverymush....

ReputationRep:
    Course Computer Science (still waiting on an offer)

Current location East London so will be staying here and travelling on the tube to Kings

Expectations So looking forward to going to Kings, I am fairly limited with my choices as i need to stay in London and am coming to university from doing an access course. Kings is very highly ranked around the world so that is why i am hoping to study there.

Worries Im gonna be 40 years old in 2 months time so it is quite a daunting prospect taking my degree at this ripe old age. I am not all that bothered by being left out by the younger students as i have done my partying and I am going to uni to work as hard as i can to get the best degree possible. However i feel that i fit in quite well with the younger people on my access course so all should be good.

ReputationRep:
    Course Nursing (currently enrolled on the DipHE course, but I am determined to leave with a degree)

Current location Essex. Hoping to live in KCL accomodation, so fingers crossed my location won't be a hindrance! I don't live within the M25 so I should be OK, right? Right?!

Expectations Majorly stoked. Expecting lots of hard work and long hours, but given that I'm currently on a second gap year, I am excited to use my brain again. I'm really looking forward to the course, also. It's amazing.

Worries That I'm too stupid for Kings. That I won't get a place in accomodation-I really don't want to live at home. That I will be forced to live with a bunch of annoying freshers. That something will go horribly wrong between now and September and I won't be able to take my place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PLUD_Time)
    Course Nursing (currently enrolled on the DipHE course, but I am determined to leave with a degree)

Current location Essex. Hoping to live in KCL accomodation, so fingers crossed my location won't be a hindrance! I don't live within the M25 so I should be OK, right? Right?!

Expectations Majorly stoked. Expecting lots of hard work and long hours, but given that I'm currently on a second gap year, I am excited to use my brain again. I'm really looking forward to the course, also. It's amazing.

Worries That I'm too stupid for Kings. That I won't get a place in accomodation-I really don't want to live at home. That I will be forced to live with a bunch of annoying freshers. That something will go horribly wrong between now and September and I won't be able to take my place.
    Hey, Im doing nursing at Kings! Really look foward to however nervous too! Is it your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flower10)
    Hey, Im doing nursing at Kings! Really look foward to however nervous too! Is it your firm choice?
    Yeah, I firmed it straight away. I totally bombed out my A-Levels; still can't believe I got into a university like Kings!

ReputationRep:
    Ha yeah so did I! Yeah I know same, i'm so happy and excited! And Kings is so good for Nursing! Are you going to be living in halls?

ReputationRep:
    helllo congrats people! can you apply for accommodation now if so where you thinking?, which halls?
    ive tried to log into the accommodation portal thing but it wont log me in? anyone having this trouble?

ReputationRep:
    Added a FRESHERS' LIST!

8 months to go haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patienceistheword)
    helllo congrats people! can you apply for accommodation now if so where you thinking?, which halls?
    ive tried to log into the accommodation portal thing but it wont log me in? anyone having this trouble?
    Yeah, it's the same for me. I have my user name and password for it, but it doesn't seem to work. I think we have to wait. I'm not sure if there is an official starting date for when we can apply for accommodation. I'm going to leave it until February though.

I can't decide between the intercollegiate halls (mainly Connaught, College and Nutford) or the apartments (Stamford Street and Great Dover). I've also looked at Brian Creamer House. It's very central and since the majority of my lectures are at Waterloo this would be ideal. I haven't heard all that much about it though...

How about yourself? Where are you hoping to be living?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepianist)
    Added a FRESHERS' LIST!

8 months to go haha
    Good idea. :gthumb:

Hopefully more people will be joining us soon. The UCAS deadline has almost passed, which means there should be a lot more offers coming through now.

ReputationRep:
    Is it only firmers that can apply for accomodation?
    or can those with kings as their insurance apply as well..

Oh ye, and can anyone link me the place where u enter your login details? The ones u get after you are given an offer.
    Cheers xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    Yeah, it's the same for me. I have my user name and password for it, but it doesn't seem to work. I think we have to wait. I'm not sure if there is an official starting date for when we can apply for accommodation. I'm going to leave it until February though.

I can't decide between the intercollegiate halls (mainly Connaught, College and Nutford) or the apartments (Stamford Street and Great Dover). I've also looked at Brian Creamer House. It's very central and since the majority of my lectures are at Waterloo this would be ideal. I haven't heard all that much about it though...

How about yourself? Where are you hoping to be living?

Ye im not sure what to do, i like the great dover street apartments. But im wondering if the intercollegiate halls would be better. :eek3: Confused! but i want to be self-catered, dont like the idea of having to eat like when at 6th form lol

ReputationRep:
    Ye I'm not sure what to do, i like the great dover street apartments. But I'm wondering if the intercollegiate halls would be better. :eek3: Confused! but i want to be self-catered, dont like the idea of having to eat like when at 6th form lol
    Self-catered at the intercollegiate halls would be ideal for me, but that just doesn't seem to be an option!

I think the intercollegiates have a reputation for being more social than the apartments and there is always the bonus of meeting people from the other UoL colleges. However, I'm kinda worried that if most people on my floor are from Imperial, LSE or UCL then I won't have anybody to go to the Freshers events with!

I've stayed overnight in the Stamford Street Apartments before. They're really nice, but there's so much security. You have to go through like five doors and use different cards and keys before reaching your room. A little claustrophobic. Also, it means that a lot of students are separated because of this. You may meet people from the flat opposite, but otherwise it seemed that you would be pretty limited to those in your own flat. Great facilities in the kitchen and the en suite was really nice to have. Still, got months to decide yet!

ReputationRep:
    what login details are you talking about?

i had my unconditional offer last year feb, as im on deferred entry. KCL emailed me last week that they are only sending out the offer mails/packages with the accommodation booklet (MyDigs) in march cause i asked them when i was getting mine since im on deferred entry from the last UCAS cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)

i had my unconditional offer last year feb, as im on deferred entry. KCL emailed me last week that they are only sending out the offer mails/packages with the accommodation booklet (MyDigs) in march cause i asked them when i was getting mine since im on deferred entry from the last UCAS cycle.
    I'm in the same position as you with an unconditional offer from last years cycle. I didn't know that we weren't getting the letter with the accommodation booklet until March, however, I do know my log-in details. This is because when I emailed them with the same queries as you they just showed me the letter they'd be sending me in an email and it contained my log-in details. They don't work though so you're not exactly missing out on anything!

I haven't got the letter yet, so I'm guessing I'll just have to wait until March too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    I'm in the same position as you with an unconditional offer from last years cycle. I didn't know that we weren't getting the letter with the accommodation booklet until March, however, I do know my log-in details. This is because when I emailed them with the same queries as you they just showed me the letter they'd be sending me in an email and it contained my log-in details. They don't work though so you're not exactly missing out on anything!

I haven't got the letter yet, so I'm guessing I'll just have to wait until March too.
    ohhh i see, thanks. i will wait till end march and then pester them again i guess.

weird though. 2 different replies to roughly the same query.

are there like two different type of login details? cause after reading through the forums, there seem to be login details for an application tracking thing? (like the durham AES). your login details wasn't for this right? since you are already holding an offer from the previous cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    ohhh i see, thanks. i will wait till end march and then pester them again i guess.

weird though. 2 different replies to roughly the same query.

are there like two different type of login details? cause after reading through the forums, there seem to be login details for an application tracking thing? (like the durham AES). your login details wasn't for this right? since you are already holding an offer from the previous cycle.
    I don't have access to the new King's application/track thing. I think that's a new system that they've only just introduced this year.

My username and password is for applying for accommodation only. Again, the only reason I know them though is because they showed me the letter they'll be sending to me via email. As we have unconditionals we might get our letters sooner. :confused:

This is the full email I got from King's:

Thank you for your email.

Please find below the text of your offer – this includes your username and password to apply for accommodation.

To apply for accommodation, please start on this webpage:
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/about/structure...plynew/ug.html

A hardcopy of the letter will be posted in due course.

All the best,

Roger Todd
    Undergraduate Admissions Officer
    Centre for Arts & Sciences Admissions (CASA)

Below this was the letter they'd be sending me with the username and password. I find it strange that he gave me a link to start applying for accommodation even though nobody seems to be able to get into the system yet.

I just wish they'd be clearer about the whole thing. Maybe we're just thinking too far ahead though! It is only January after all and hardly any offers have even been given out yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)

I'm on a deferred offer too and I got my MyDigs and MyMoney package with the login details about 10 days ago... :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.