Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    ahhh great
    just need to get the grades now..(hopefully)
    i would join the KCL fb fresher 2010 groups but apparently ive joined too many groups on fb haha
    Just saw this, I think youve commented on my post of the kings group on Facebook lol! If it is you then just add me if ya like if it isnt the same person then sorry for sounding weird! Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieRebecca)
    I'm so excited for Kings ;D i'm doing english language and communication toooo!
    Me too :woo:
    Where abouts in Manchester you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _brse_)
    Just saw this, I think youve commented on my post of the kings group on Facebook lol! If it is you then just add me if ya like if it isnt the same person then sorry for sounding weird! Haha
    haha yeh its the same dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamsFanNo1)
    Another KCL firmer here
    I will be strudying Maths, the only one by the looks of your original thread aha
    Currently live in Hertfordshire
    My expectations are partying hard and plenty of drinking!!!
    Worries are the shock move between school and university (work load and teaching)
    I'm doing Maths too!!

which accommodation are you going for??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    heyy, fellow incoming KCL law from Singapore!
    Wow that's neat. Same course too! Are you still in Singapore right now, or in Korea? We should keep in contact :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Enter the strand poly at your peril

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Enter the strand poly at your peril
    Why do you hate it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesylvan)
    Wow that's neat. Same course too! Are you still in Singapore right now, or in Korea? We should keep in contact :woo:
    Yeap, still in Singapore. Technically my home, I only head back to Korea to visit my relatives and such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2562)
    Why do you hate it?
    Because I'm leaving in two days after a terrible year.. :woo:

40 hours and counting..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Because I'm leaving in two days after a terrible year.. :woo:

40 hours and counting..
    Terrible because the uni itself let you down, or terrible because you didn't make any friends etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2562)
    Terrible because the uni itself let you down, or terrible because you didn't make any friends etc.?
    No, I made friends, but am Persona Non Grata right now, though

Uni letdown.

Look at my IB grades in my sig., basically I had to feed my ego because it's been starving all year.

And a nice change in course.

And of course:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...orycode=410351

http://mises.org/daily/4178

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esmejay)
    I'm doing Maths too!!

which accommodation are you going for??
    I was told that because I live so close to KCL (approx. 40mins tube ride) that I would get last pick on accomodation which could mean going on a campus which is an hour away from the Strand due to their being so many campus' which are so spread out. I was also told this was extremely likely as the Strand is one of the most popular and so I chose to stay at home for the first year (hopefully won't be too bad - i like anyone and everyone so I hope it won't be difficult making freiends). After the first year I'll see how things have gone and decide what to do about accomodation from there
    What accomodation are you going for and nice to finally talk to someone doing the same course as me, cheered me right up

ReputationRep:
    I've acceped my conditional offer for the "English law and German law" program. Very likely I will meet the requirements thus hopefully I see some of you in September...
    (If I am not to worried about my language skills )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qoph)
    I've acceped my conditional offer for the "English law and German law" program. Very likely I will meet the requirements thus hopefully I see some of you in September...
    (If I am not to worried about my language skills )
    Why are you worried about your language skills??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Why are you worried about your language skills??
    Because I'm not a native English speaker and I suppose the language skills are especially important in law courses. Even if I was good in my English class, it is difficult to assess whether my language knowledge is sufficient enough for academic studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamsFanNo1)
    I was told that because I live so close to KCL (approx. 40mins tube ride) that I would get last pick on accomodation which could mean going on a campus which is an hour away from the Strand due to their being so many campus' which are so spread out. I was also told this was extremely likely as the Strand is one of the most popular and so I chose to stay at home for the first year (hopefully won't be too bad - i like anyone and everyone so I hope it won't be difficult making freiends). After the first year I'll see how things have gone and decide what to do about accomodation from there
    What accomodation are you going for and nice to finally talk to someone doing the same course as me, cheered me right up
    I know haha there seems to be hardly anyone on here doing Maths!
    Ah that sounds like a good idea. I've put Hampstead Residence as my first choice and that's pretty far away from the Strand! Not sure if I've made the right decision or not yet...but it looks like such a lovely place

ReputationRep:
    Hello, just stop by to ask. How long usually does King's take to turn our conditional offer unconditional after submitting our results?

I did call them (Faculty of Biomed & Life Sciences) up after sending my results to them via myApplication portal, that lady told me it will take A COUPLE OF WEEKS to change my offer status!! WTH? Why are they so slow? UCL took only a day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarglory)
    Hello, just stop by to ask. How long usually does King's take to turn our conditional offer unconditional after submitting our results?

I did call them (Faculty of Biomed & Life Sciences) up after sending my results to them via myApplication portal, that lady told me it will take A COUPLE OF WEEKS to change my offer status!! WTH? Why are they so slow? UCL took only a day!
    I had to call King's to ask them to change my offer from conditional to unconditional after my A level results. According to UCAS I was off to Edinburgh (my insurance). I have no idea why they take so long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esmejay)
    I know haha there seems to be hardly anyone on here doing Maths!
    Ah that sounds like a good idea. I've put Hampstead Residence as my first choice and that's pretty far away from the Strand! Not sure if I've made the right decision or not yet...but it looks like such a lovely place
    I was told that I would more then likely get Hamstead as my residence which i was told was approximately 50mins away from the Strand. Thats why I decided to stay at home as 40mins is ok and to be honest I don't care about living with the parents especially when you look on the financial side of it
    Well I hope you made the right decision, you seem like a really nice girl and will be nice to meet you at Kings (providing the grades - a tad of a bummer aha)!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    I had to call King's to ask them to change my offer from conditional to unconditional after my A level results. According to UCAS I was off to Edinburgh (my insurance). I have no idea why they take so long!
    I sent them a message and they said:
    "we cannot make any changes to the status of your application until you have made your Firm and Insurance choices via UCAS."

boo....UCL changed my status from conditional to unconditional after a day even though I did not reply to UCAS....this King's College is that fussy. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.