Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _brse_)
    The 20th I think it is, and yeah thats the week before term starts .
    The just put on nights for people to get to know each other, dont think theyve announced exactly what they are this year yet though. Hope that helps
    Do you happen to know whether Registration is only for the 20th, or whether as long as we get it done some day between the 20-24th it would be fine?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesylvan)
    Do you happen to know whether Registration is only for the 20th, or whether as long as we get it done some day between the 20-24th it would be fine?

Thanks!
    Heyy.
    They run induction sessions (includin ones for specific departments) through the first week..which I assume is from the 20th, but whether that means you have to register on the 20th, I wouldnt really like to say either way haha...at a guess Id say no.
    If youre worried id just write them and ask , Im confusing myself here haha, sorry not to be more help!

ReputationRep:
    - BSc Business Management
    - Portsmouth (not for long)
    - Looking forward to living in Central London and getting to meet loads of new people!!
    - Bit worried about money and the fact that I'm definitely gonna have to get rid of my car which does mean Ill have a spare £3000 floating about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my_name_is)
    - BSc Business Management
    - Portsmouth (not for long)
    - Looking forward to living in Central London and getting to meet loads of new people!!
    - Bit worried about money and the fact that I'm definitely gonna have to get rid of my car which does mean Ill have a spare £3000 floating about

Yay someone else doing Business Management who isn't 18 haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarasimpson)
    Yay someone else doing Business Management who isn't 18 haha.
    lol, I think there are a few mature students on the course as when I phoned admissions a while ago they said there were quite a few mature applicants... are you coming from a college course?

ReputationRep:
    lol, I think there are a few mature students on the course as when I phoned admissions a while ago they said there were quite a few mature applicants... are you coming from a college course?
    Ah that's good ! The only (few) people i've spoken with doing the course have been 18. Yeah I am, did an Access to Business HE Diploma. What about you ?

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's good ! The only (few) people i've spoken with doing the course have been 18. Yeah I am, did an Access to Business HE Diploma. What about you ?
    Yea, the same although mine was business and marketing.... what offer did they give you? mine said 45 credits at level 3, does that mean distinction or does it mean just pass them lol!!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, the same although mine was business and marketing.... what offer did they give you? mine said 45 credits at level 3, does that mean distinction or does it mean just pass them lol!!?!?
    That was my offer too, yeah it just means pass them !
    Whereabouts are you from ?

ReputationRep:
    That was my offer too, yeah it just means pass them !
    Whereabouts are you from ?
    wicked, thats a relief, been working my arse off to make sure i get distinction on these last few bits of work!! I'm from Portsmouth, finish college next week thank god lol.... u??

ReputationRep:
    wicked, thats a relief, been working my arse off to make sure i get distinction on these last few bits of work!! I'm from Portsmouth, finish college next week thank god lol.... u??
    haha, opposite of me, i've totally lost my mojo now - just can't wait to finish it now and get to uni ! You got exams next week too ?
    I'm from Croydon, South London, so not too far away from Uni but I'll still be moving into halls. That's if I manage to get SS or GDSA ! What halls are you hoping for ?

ReputationRep:
    haha, opposite of me, i've totally lost my mojo now - just can't wait to finish it now and get to uni ! You got exams next week too ?
    I'm from Croydon, South London, so not too far away from Uni but I'll still be moving into halls. That's if I manage to get SS or GDSA ! What halls are you hoping for ?
    Yea I'm hoping for those ones too.... cant log into application system yet though as the system takes a while to update and only got offer last wednesday... had to appeal to get a place mind!! only got one exam next week, the rest are oral assessments where i gotta do three presentations... its cool though, ive had to do them throughout the year so am pretty used to it by now....

ReputationRep:
    Yea I'm hoping for those ones too.... cant log into application system yet though as the system takes a while to update and only got offer last wednesday... had to appeal to get a place mind!! only got one exam next week, the rest are oral assessments where i gotta do three presentations... its cool though, ive had to do them throughout the year so am pretty used to it by now....
    You had to appeal ?! Well done for doing so though haha.
    Oh God I hate presentations, had to present a business plan to 10 MoD officials the other week. Soooo scary lol. Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    anyone else having trouble with the accom application??? it wont work for me XD

ReputationRep:
    I've had a bit of trouble with the accomm stuff! I think I've done it, but I couldn't tell you for sure because I can still amend it!

ReputationRep:
    Hello.......

I'm a mature student and I have a place to do degree in mental health nursing at King's, anyone else in the same position?? Still trying to decide whether to go private or stay in halls.....moving down from Scotland....decisions......can't wait to get started!!

ReputationRep:
    Heyhey
    Firmly accepted an offer from King's to study BA in Philosophy in September!
    So fresher's week starts on the 20th September? King's seem to think I won't be 18 by then... but my birthday's on 27th august. I'm so confused!
    And I need to apply for accomodation.. . Eeep... I need to afford accomodation- even more eep!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a definite place on the paeds nursing degree.
    Im coming from surrey (and yes i sound like it too - dont hold it against me please! )
    Im scared.. I wont make any friends?! lol and that it will turn out I hate being a nurse.

Hoping to stay in GDSA or SSA but I cant afford either of them

Im on a fairly dull gap year atm and cannot wait for uni!!!

ReputationRep:
    if anyone's having probs logging into the accomodation application site, I phoned them last week and they said you need to wait a week for the system to update after you confirm KCL as your 1st choice. Sure enough mine worked fine after the week was up..... so does anyone know if the 20th is definitely when everyone has to enrol??? need to hand in notice at work and wanna be working right up until we start if poss......

ReputationRep:
    please say you are saying 20th september!

ReputationRep:
    On the accommodation online thing what do you write in 'profile notes'??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.