The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Bit slow on the uptake but here goes!

Course: Neuroscience :smile:

Current location: Near Oxford

Expectations: To meet loads of new people, have a load of fun, try out lots of new sports and activities and really get involved! Oh, and maybe learn some stuff about the brain, too... :biggrin:

Worries: That I wont get the grades! And that my flatmates won't be up for doing as much as I am or are really depressing or something. Or wont like me :frown:
Have applied for Great Dover Street Apartments as I would be at Guys campus.

Oh and I am another one of those ones that applied for UCL and didn't get in! But I am SO glad I didn't - I'd hyped it up to be my favourite and my first choice and went there for the interview day and it didn't suit me at alllll. Kings was love at first sight! Haha :smile:
X

:party:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 421
First post (y)

Course: Computer Science Bsc

Expectations: meet people, have fun and learn a lot :smile:

Worries: I may miss my offer by 1 grade :\ I dont know how lenient kings are with near-miss offers but it still worries me, another worry is if I dont get to stay at the accomodation I like most, or worse I dont get accomodation and have to do a long commute, I have already been commuting from Croydon to Twickenham for the past 2 years for college, I was hoping for uni I would get to live nearer :smile:
Nunkle
First post (y)

Expectations: meet people, have fun and learn a lot :smile:

Worries: I may miss my offer by 1 grade :\ I dont know how lenient kings are with near-miss offers but it still worries me, another worry is if I dont get to stay at the accomodation I like most, or worse I dont get accomodation and have to do a long commute, I have already been commuting from Croydon to Twickenham for the past 2 years for college, I was hoping for uni I would get to live nearer :smile:

Ooooh a fellow Croydoner !
Reply 423
Nunkle
First post (y)

Oooh we're on the same course. :woo:
polarbbz
please say you are saying 20th september!

well from what i can see, it looks like 20th sept is the start date (i think) but that's for prev years.... i think we get exact dates when they post acceptance letters out after exam results....
chloecouture
Me too :woo:
Where abouts in Manchester you from?

I'm from Bury :smile: Youu?!
Are you excitedd.?!
I'm so scared that I'm not going to make any friends, haha! x
Reply 426
Course: Law (M100)

Current Location: Washington DC, United States

Expectations: Meeting lots of fun and interesting people, getting involved in activities and being in one of the greatest cities in the entire world!

Worries: Like a lot of other people have said, I'm worried about missing my offer - that would be absolutely devastating! And it would be pretty awful if I didn't make any friends, but honestly, that's a worry everyone is going to have so it shouldn't be too awkward...

Hopefully, I'll be seeing everyone in September! I've applied for an intercollegiate hall because I've heard they are usually in pretty great locations/have the best social life...and I definitely need a catered hall, unless I want to have pasta every single night! :smile:

And UCL is highly overrated - and I've heard that KCL students are the nicest/most fun!
DCrep

Hopefully, I'll be seeing everyone in September! I've applied for an intercollegiate hall because I've heard they are usually in pretty great locations/have the best social life...and I definitely need a catered hall, unless I want to have pasta every single night! :smile:

After walking around London to look at the various halls, I would say the intercollegiates are definitely in the best location and have the more reasonable rates (especially since breakfast and dinner is included in the price). I'm not too good at cooking either and I know I would be living off take out, pasta and microwave meals too if it wasn't for a catered option. My only concern about the intercollegiate halls is that I won't get up on time for breakfast every morning. I hear that we have brunch at the weekends though. :biggrin:

How have you listed the intercollegiate halls?
my_name_is
if anyone's having probs logging into the accommodation application site, I phoned them last week and they said you need to wait a week for the system to update after you confirm KCL as your 1st choice. Sure enough mine worked fine after the week was up..... so does anyone know if the 20th is definitely when everyone has to enrol??? need to hand in notice at work and wanna be working right up until we start if poss......

I have an unconditional offer from last years UCAS cycle and on my offer letter it says term starts on 27th September. It also says that Enrolment week is 20th-24th September and that we need to be at King's during this period to verify our academic qualifications etc.
Reply 429
MDEH8176
After walking around London to look at the various halls, I would say the intercollegiates are definitely in the best location and have the more reasonable rates (especially since breakfast and dinner is included in the price). I'm not too good at cooking either and I know I would be living off take out, pasta and microwave meals too if it wasn't for a catered option. My only concern about the intercollegiate halls is that I won't get up on time for breakfast every morning. I hear that we have brunch at the weekends though. :biggrin:

How have you listed the intercollegiate halls?

LOL - I felt a bit guilty when I saw people writing things like, "I obviously need a self-catered hall because I'm not one of those people who can put up with crappy food every single night..." And I'm a bit obsessed with cereal, so if we happen to land ourselves in the same hall, feel free to pop by with a bowl if you miss breakfast! :biggrin:

I know I asked for Commonwealth first and then (if I remember this correctly) Connaught or Canterbury (one of those two)...and if it isn't any of those three, my luck officially sucks..have you applied for accommodation yet?
my_name_is
well from what i can see, it looks like 20th sept is the start date (i think) but that's for prev years.... i think we get exact dates when they post acceptance letters out after exam results....

ha sorry yup your right, mini heartattack there for a sec!
my_name_is

I did my A levels last year so already have that letter. Mine said the 20th Sept. Halls open on the 18th Sept according to something i read somewhere. But I am doing nursing which has lonnnng terms so that might not be right for everyone x
DCrep
LOL - I felt a bit guilty when I saw people writing things like, "I obviously need a self-catered hall because I'm not one of those people who can put up with crappy food every single night..." And I'm a bit obsessed with cereal, so if we happen to land ourselves in the same hall, feel free to pop by with a bowl if you miss breakfast! :biggrin:

I know I asked for Commonwealth first and then (if I remember this correctly) Connaught or Canterbury (one of those two)...and if it isn't any of those three, my luck officially sucks..have you applied for accommodation yet?

Yeah, I applied a while back now. I've gone for Connaught, Canterbury, Commonwealth, Hughes Parry and Nutford. After that it's Hampstead and the KCL residences. I've heard about 75% of people get their top 3 choices so hopefully we'll get into the intercollegiate halls. I think a lot of King's students go for the apartments just because they're ensuite, so hopefully the chances of getting into an intercollegiate hall will be high.

A fellow cereal lover! Crunchy Nut. :sogood:

Hopefully, the food will be OK in halls. It may not compare to my Mum's cooking, but it can't be as bad as some people say it is. As long as there's a wide selection of cereal at breakfast... :wink:
No one seems to have applied for BA French (4 years) at all! Oh well, just me then I guess.

Stamford Street or Great Dover Street? I don't know which to put as my first choice!
- Course: Law
- Current location: Switzerland, Geneva:
- Expectations: A lot, can't wait to start uni :wink:
- Worries: Not getting the required grade...
Course: German and History

Current location: Devon

Expectations: To make the most of London and get involved. Hopefully make some friends ha. Just have some really good times, meet some great people and maybe do some learning too. I do like my learning me.

Worries: I guess all the normal ones. Will I get my grades? I probably will but it's never certain and there's so much hanging on it. Making friends is another, trying not to feel like a new child at primary school.

But. I can't wait!!!
- Course : Law

- Current location :Brighton,Sussex

- Expectations : Hard work, debt, but hopefully a lot of fun.

- Worries : Hard work, debt

:wink: x
Reply 437
Anyone else having trouble with the accommodation portal? It won't let me type anything in to 'profile notes' :\
Reply 438
KatieRebecca
I'm from Bury :smile: Youu?!
Are you excitedd.?!
I'm so scared that I'm not going to make any friends, haha! x

:ninja: Do you go to a college on Manchester Road :ninja:?
mel0n
Anyone else having trouble with the accommodation portal? It won't let me type anything in to 'profile notes' :\

Hello!! :biggrin: Could I just ask what are the profile notes? I've seen them being mentioned, but i don't know what they are.

Latest