Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    conditional for medicine 2010.
    indeed, very much excited about university life!

ReputationRep:
    - Course:

English Language and Literature and Film Studies. English and Film are my two biggest passions in life, and when I discovered that you could do both as a degree, that was it; my higher educational career reached its pinaccle and doing English and Film was the only thing I could concieve of doing.

- Current location:

London. I'm a 'city boy', but the street where I live is like in the suburbs of the city. I picked King's mainly because I wanna stay at home and because I didnt want to put up with the hassel of moving out and getting myself situated and comfortable in a whole new place. The stress of moving from sixth form to Uni was enough, I thought.

- Expectations

Academically, I don't have any specific expectations. I mean, I expect studying my course to be challenging and thought provoking, and I want to come across timeless gems of literature that I need to pour my heart into unpicking and analysing, but I suppose I won't really know how it will be until I get there, so best just to wait and see. Socially, I expect to have LOADS of fun, in the midst of the narcotic haze of studying, and if Uni life's as good as it's cracked up to be, that won't be much trouble.

- Worries

My biggest fear is loneliness. I'm going to King's all by myself, nobody in my school is studying the same course as I am, and all of my friends are going to separate unis doing separate things and starting whole new lives for themselves. I'm afraid I won't fit in or be accepted and be picked on/rejected for not being as 'smart' as the others. I will try my hardest to overcome my fears, but I dunno...

I hope I get in, as my Lit exam was abysmal (the AQA lit exam on the 15th has already gone down in infamy in the short space of time since it was sat), but if I do, all I will say is KICK OUT THE JAMS, *************!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    At least my lecturers won't be on strike and my university won't go bankrupt.

London is poor man's New York anyway...

I wish I could sing this song (still pretty good, so I will post it here):

I'm Burlington Bertie,
    I'm short, fat and dirty,
    My college portrays my high class - high class.
    I walk down the Strand,
    With my **** in my hand,
    And wave it at King's as I pass.
    Oh Bert, Bert,
    I come in my shirt,
    At least I go to UC - UC.
    There's one thing I'm sure of,
    Strand Poly are *******,
    I'm Burlington Bert from UC. UC!!
    That's me, and him, and her, and him and him
    I love that LSE, UCL and King's have an old rivalry.

London's amazing! Go to New York, buddy - nobody would miss you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)

London is poor man's New York anyway...
    :facepalm: Lol at how you've gone from hating on a uni to hating on the entire city.

I wouldn't dream of going to Warwick tbh. I think the whole campus thing would drive me nuts.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please, a good friend of mine goes to UCL and she says she prefers the people at Kings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2562)
    :facepalm: Lol at how you've gone from hating on a uni to hating on the entire city.

I wouldn't dream of going to Warwick tbh. I think the whole campus thing would drive me nuts.
    I love the campus. When you have the Strand at one place, Waterloo campus on the other side, Guy's campus God knows where, and Denmark Hill campus somewhere else AND KCH in one part of town, Hampstead Residence on the other, you lose out on the community feel. It doesn't feel like you are at university that way..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunkle)
    First post (y)

Course: Computer Science Bsc

Expectations: meet people, have fun and learn a lot

Worries: I may miss my offer by 1 grade :\ I dont know how lenient kings are with near-miss offers but it still worries me, another worry is if I dont get to stay at the accomodation I like most, or worse I dont get accomodation and have to do a long commute, I have already been commuting from Croydon to Twickenham for the past 2 years for college, I was hoping for uni I would get to live nearer
    Also from Croydon and on the same course as you!!

I'm Unconditional

ReputationRep:
    this is probably really stupid but if i dont get the terms of my offer( like get a b2 in my art exam for a physics degree) will that be considered or will i have to go through clearing? sorry i still dont fully get ucas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbbz)
    this is probably really stupid but if i dont get the terms of my offer( like get a b2 in my art exam for a physics degree) will that be considered or will i have to go through clearing? sorry i still dont fully get ucas!
    Give them an email and ask.. I emailed admissions the other day about what would happen if I missed my offer and they got back to me by the next day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    Give them an email and ask.. I emailed admissions the other day about what would happen if I missed my offer and they got back to me by the next day
    Hey . Just read your comment; did they tell you specifically whether or not they would still let you in if you missed their offer, or was it just general advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .PaperDoll.)
    Hey . Just read your comment; did they tell you specifically whether or not they would still let you in if you missed their offer, or was it just general advice?
    erm, to be honest I'm still not completely sure.
    They basically said they would consider applicants who got blah blah blah.. then later on in the email it says "Obviously, we have already made you an offer based on you achieving BBC at full A level, but if you did not meet these requirements, we would likely still be able to offer you a place if you met the requirements you mention.
    For any applicant who does not meet the conditions of their offer, we would have to take into consideration the performance of applicants as a whole, and the number of places we have, as well as your achievements as an individual."
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea&revision)
    No one seems to have applied for BA French (4 years) at all! Oh well, just me then I guess.

Stamford Street or Great Dover Street? I don't know which to put as my first choice!
    I'm down for French with English, so no panicking there!

ReputationRep:
    as an EU student, when do I need to be there? I mean, I know term starts Sept 27, but surely I should be there sooner than that? I would really like to book flights now as they get so expensive, but I have no idea when I can move in (besides not even knowing what kind of accomodation I'll get yet) if anyone knows anything, it would be awesome if you could help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSKent)
    as an EU student, when do I need to be there? I mean, I know term starts Sept 27, but surely I should be there sooner than that? I would really like to book flights now as they get so expensive, but I have no idea when I can move in (besides not even knowing what kind of accomodation I'll get yet) if anyone knows anything, it would be awesome if you could help me!
    Don't take my word for it, but in the letter that I recieved after they gave me my offer, they said that term starts on the 27th of September, but that all students are expected to arrive on the week starting the 20th of September for enrollment. I'm not sure if we have to start attending full time or if it's just Fresher's Week, but that's what the letter said. I'm sure you will be given further info following Results Day, but it's still good to check and confirm with others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSKent)
    Well, registration week starts the 20th, but there's also an extra week for non-UK students. It's called the Orientation Week I think and starts the 12th or 13th. But you don't have to attend that week.

ReputationRep:
    - Course: Law
    - Current location: Birmingham
    - Expectations: A 1st in Law and lots of clunge ..
    - Worries: The Move

ReputationRep:
    - Course
    Computer Science with Management

- Current location
    Weybridge

- Expectations
    That's it's gonna be fun?

- Worries
    To lose the friends I have now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellica)
    - Course
    Computer Science with Management

- Current location
    Weybridge

- Expectations
    That's it's gonna be fun?

- Worries
    To lose the friends I have now.
    yay another Computer Science /w Mgmt student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hct1802)
    yay another Computer Science /w Mgmt student
    yeeeeah. (:
    It's cool. I'm looking forward to uni. (:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.