Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Hamstead too, twas my first choice. I put down that I was willing to share for the sake of my budget, but I'm so glad that I got a single room

Now there's no more stress, just giddy anticipation for freshers' week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbbz)
    Physics too mate , hopefully see you there! im doing cosmology without doubt

and watch out im irish who basically lives with fins so my drinking shall be pretty intense XD
    We'll have to devise proper drinking games to combine our two loves :P You got an offer of accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheetamsamal)
    Hey, are you doing the single honors for CS or do you have it combined with any other subjects? And also, do you know the start date for the course? My UCAS says its the 1st of September but I doubt it. Thanks
    I know, it makes me want to kill myself. I guess the others are right though, 27th maybe.

(Original post by holyjebus)
    jebus, am I the only girl doing compsci btw?
    yes, yes you are ;D

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Hi
    Offered Foundation course International Studies via clearing,really happy regarding Kings,not sure about the course,any info would be great.

ReputationRep:
    Probably, someone told me computer science is a sausage-fest... :/
    lol i was gonna use that expression at first but i didn't want to give anyone any nasty mental images. oh well

(Original post by Ozzieing)
    yes, yes you are ;D
    it's okay, i found another! (well she found me). all will be well...

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Anyone else been accepted for music? Or Hughes Parry Hall?

Looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkat)
    haha. languages are amazing so the love is justified!! i wish i could live in hampstead, it really sucks i can't. i'll rent a flat though around that area from january. so you excited about coming to london??
    Yes, quite. I can't wait. I'm actually coming 2 weeks early to get a feel for things before Freshers' starts, etc. You? Or are you from London yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Received my acceptance into Medicine recently
    Currently living in Ireland but hopefully will be living in Great Dover St Apartments, 10 minutes walk from Guy's campus!

(Original post by aivi)
    I'm in Hamstead too, twas my first choice. I put down that I was willing to share for the sake of my budget, but I'm so glad that I got a single room

Now there's no more stress, just giddy anticipation for freshers' week!
    Hey, what course are you studying? I got my first choice too (Wolfson), though I wish I put Hampstead first :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    Hey, what course are you studying? I got my first choice too (Wolfson), though I wish I put Hampstead first :P
    Physics :p: I spent a year at TKK before deciding it wasn't the place for me, and luckily got into King's. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsc1918)
    Awesome! What are you studying?
    Law! Where are you coming from (sorry if you've already said this before...I haven't read too many posts here) - and do you know where you're living??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    hey Law and Commonwealth Hall here as well!
    Commonwealth and Law!!

ReputationRep:
    -french and spanish

-chester, cheshire

-SO excited about next year! expecting to (hopefully) do some serious drinking and a bit of studying of course

-worried about not knowing anyone and getting lost and being late for lectures!

is anyone else nervous about not knowing anybody? i know everybody probably feels the same but its weird to go from the bubble of senior school to then making friends again.. i'm a bit scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by absolutely)
    Yes, quite. I can't wait. I'm actually coming 2 weeks early to get a feel for things before Freshers' starts, etc. You? Or are you from London yourself?
    I'm from Romania, but I've lived in London for 2 years now. I absolutely love it, there's nothing like it!! I'll be in London long before Freshers starts. What are your plans for those 2 weeks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fashionlover)
    is anyone else nervous about not knowing anybody? i know everybody probably feels the same but its weird to go from the bubble of senior school to then making friends again.. i'm a bit scared!
    yeah it's freaking me out a bit. i think going down for breakfast the first morning is gonna be a little :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkat)
    I'm from Romania, but I've lived in London for 2 years now. I absolutely love it, there's nothing like it!! I'll be in London long before Freshers starts. What are your plans for those 2 weeks??
    Awesome! I'm Russian originally, but I've been in the UK (not London though) for the last 4 years :yep: Well, my parents are staying with me for the first week, but then I'm going to be left all alone. Not much planned yet, but lots of shopping is definitely on the agenda, haha

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! I'm Russian originally, but I've been in the UK (not London though) for the last 4 years :yep: Well, my parents are staying with me for the first week, but then I'm going to be left all alone. Not much planned yet, but lots of shopping is definitely on the agenda, haha
    that's cool. i had a friend from russia in sixth form, she's going to be in london too this year. funny world! i'm going on a shopping spree as well, i'm quite excited about autumn and winter clothes, i love hats and gloves haha! have you ever seen confessions of a shopaholic? my best friend is rebecca bloomwood!

ReputationRep:
    Reppin' my new sig! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkat)
    that's cool. i had a friend from russia in sixth form, she's going to be in london too this year. funny world! i'm going on a shopping spree as well, i'm quite excited about autumn and winter clothes, i love hats and gloves haha! have you ever seen confessions of a shopaholic? my best friend is rebecca bloomwood!
    Winter and autumn clothes are just the best.
    Haha, yes! I read all the books too. That's so funny, I have a friend just like her as well, she's ginger too! Absolute resemblance. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Winter and autumn clothes are just the best.
    Haha, yes! I read all the books too. That's so funny, I have a friend just like her as well, she's ginger too! Absolute resemblance. :yep:
    that's pretty cool!! i haven't read the books, but i'll look for them and do that as soon as i'm back in london, which is on friday, yay! i hope our welcome packs get sent soon! i'm in a uni frenzy right now, can't wait to find out what our freshers week events are!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.