Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    They don't work though so you're not exactly missing out on anything!

My login details work. Well, I can log in successfully. I haven't tried applying yet, so they might still block me when I try. I don't think there's any advantage to getting your application in early. As far as I can tell they all go in a pool and then there's a draw at some point (possibly in August).

So no worries... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I got an unconditional for business management a few days ago. Not sure whether or not I'll take it as I'm still waiting to hear from other unis. Anyway, do any of you know anything about post-offer open days? I've never been to King's before so I'd like to visit sometime before making my decision.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They will send you a package with information about accommodation and money and your offer on paper, and with it is a list of post offer open days. They're normally around the Easter holidays and there are three you can choose from. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucienG)
    My login details work. Well, I can log in successfully. I haven't tried applying yet, so they might still block me when I try.
    I can't even log in. All I get is: 'access denied'.

I'll email them about it.

ReputationRep:
    They will send you a package with information about accommodation and money and your offer on paper, and with it is a list of post offer open days. They're normally around the Easter holidays and there are three you can choose from. :cool:
    THERE IS?! I got about a week ago and never noticed any list of open days .... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    how long after an offer did you get your pack?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepianist)
    THERE IS?! I got about a week ago and never noticed any list of open days .... :eek:

There was for me, both in the pack they sent me last year and the one I got a couple of weeks ago. It seems they're a bit inconsistent about what they send out!

ReputationRep:
    There was for me, both in the pack they sent me last year and the one I got a couple of weeks ago. It seems they're a bit inconsistent about what they send out!
    Indeed. They thought I'm an EU student just because I was born elsewhere. The fact that I've lived here my whole life seems irrelevant haha. Silly KCL! We still love it though

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a deferred offer too and I got my MyDigs and MyMoney package with the login details about 10 days ago... :confused:
    oh.. my.. all different information. hahaha.

maybe home/eu students will get the package first.

ReputationRep:
    I need to update my contact address information on the KCL 'MyApplication' and it says to select update contact details, but i cant find where it says it?
    Does everyone else not have this option?

Also has anyone emailed Kings via their portal? if so how long do they take to reply to an email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    oh.. my.. all different information. hahaha.

maybe home/eu students will get the package first.
    I'm a home student holding a deferred offer from last years UCAS cycle and I haven't received anything through the post. Plus, the accommodation login details that they have given me don't work and all I get is a message that says ACCESS DENIED!

Come on, King's...

ReputationRep:
    Why does the kings term start so early??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToriStout)
    Why does the kings term start so early??????
    i think the actual lessons start 27th september

when have you heard it starts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patienceistheword)

says 01-Sep-2010 on ucas track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohdrama)
    says 01-Sep-2010 on ucas track
    That's the generic date if the University haven't updated it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    I'm a home student holding a deferred offer from last years UCAS cycle and I haven't received anything through the post. Plus, the accommodation login details that they have given me don't work and all I get is a message that says ACCESS DENIED!

Come on, King's...
    hahah king's is indeed living up to its reputation of having a not so good admin side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patienceistheword)

And freshers starts about a week before that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    hahah king's is indeed living up to its reputation of having a not so good admin side.
    It's been sorted now. The accommodation services reset my log-in details so I can start ordering my choices.

Although, I still haven't received a hard copy of my offer letter or the My Accommodation/My Money booklet through the post. I think I can access the pdf format of the My Accommodation booklet online though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gyyy2807)
    And freshers starts about a week before that?
    2010-11
    27 September to 17 December 2010
    10 January to 1 April 2011
    26 April to 3 June 2011

Registration week 20 to 24 September 2010

I think term/lectures start on the 27 September and that registration week is the official freshers week for new students.

However, I've read on TSR that King's has a two-week long Freshers? I think this is because some of the Freshers events overlap into the second week when term actually starts.

For example, last year the Ministry of Sound party and the Simon Bird (Inbetweeners) Comedy Show were held on Monday 28th September. http://www.kcl.ac.uk/about/structure...nts/induction/

It's still a long way off yet, but I was assuming that we would arrive the weekend before registration week e.g. 18th-19th. I think if you're assigned intercollegiate halls then you need to request this extra week as most of the contracts only start the following week. I may be wrong, but I thought King's started earlier than the other UoL colleges.

ReputationRep:
    A quick question about accommodation.

Does anybody know if the fee we pay includes the Christmas and Easter vacations? I know we have to leave in the summer, but say I wanted to come back to London a few days before Christmas for shopping etc could I make use of my room? I plan on going home during Christmas and Easter anyway, but could I come back to London for a weekend with a friend from home? I may as well make use of the fact that I'll have a room in central London or Hampstead for a year (especially if the fee does includes the Christmas and Easter break).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.