Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonbehold)
    To all of those who recently had their offers confirmed: how long did it take for them to send you the confirmation letter and the e-mail about accommodation?

UCAS (not king's) sent me a confirmation letter a couple of days after I got the confirmation message in myApplication.

Regarding accommodation, I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone cause I'm in the intercols, but the Uni of London sent me an email to offer me a place about a week after my place at king's was confirmed.

Still no info about enrolment/induction/freshers/start of term etc though. Don't they know it's three weeks away!??! :woo:

EDIT: btw, I got an email saying i had a message in myApplication the other day, but I can't see anything new. Was it just to say the portal was open again?

oh and...

(Original post by myApplication application information)
    Enrolment information

Once you have accepted an unconditional offer of a place at King’s then you will be provided with information concerning enrolment in September. Your myApplication pages will usually be updated at the end of August.
    Cutting it pretty fine lol

EDIT TAKE 2: Someone already said that lol. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, anyone heard from KCL Maths department yet? Aren't they supposed to send us stuff like prospectus, timetable or a schedule for the upcoming events? UCAS Track says the course is due to start on 1st of September, but received nothing yet. The KCL website says the fresher's week is on 23rd Sept. Can we go and visit before that or what???!!

ReputationRep:

Basically I only had my offer confirmed last Thursday through UCAS (missed my offer by a bit so was put on waiting list) and I still haven't received my confirmation letter yet, so I called the admissions tutor today.

He told me "yeah you'll have to wait for another week" and I was like :eek3: ? I'm an international student which means I'll have to apply for a visa to study in the uk - a process which requires the school's confirmation letter and takes 15 working days minimum (i.e. sans Saturdays and Sundays).

So the "best" case scenario now is for me to receive the letter on the 7th of Sept, apply for my visa on the 8th and have it issued on the 27th. And even then I'll miss out on freshers week, and might even have to go to my classes the moment I land. Not to mention having to deal with accommodation at the same time. Well this is depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonbehold)

Basically I only had my offer confirmed last Thursday through UCAS (missed my offer by a bit so was put on waiting list) and I still haven't received my confirmation letter yet, so I called the admissions tutor today.

He told me "yeah you'll have to wait for another week" and I was like :eek3: ? I'm an international student which means I'll have to apply for a visa to study in the uk - a process which requires the school's confirmation letter and takes 15 working days minimum (i.e. sans Saturdays and Sundays).

So the "best" case scenario now is for me to receive the letter on the 7th of Sept, apply for my visa on the 8th and have it issued on the 27th. And even then I'll miss out on freshers week, and might even have to go to my classes the moment I land. Not to mention having to deal with accommodation at the same time. Well this is depressing.
    For gosSake., dont believe them please!! they keep telling me , "the decision willl be made today" for the past week -_-" and today as well i called them, they said my Track will be update this evening -__-" i dont really trust them anymore. I as well have another University waiting to gimme a place! dont understand why are they so..... not- organised. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Well in all fairness they did make a decision for me already, but without the confirmation letter and the CAS number I ain't going anywhere. Have they still not made a decision for you? If not, I really hope you get in !

ReputationRep:
    they havent T T thnks

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I am Mitch and coming from Manchester to study at Law at Kings. I am so excited and cannot wait for it.

I still have not heard any news on what antics have been planned for Freshers Week. All my friends have heard of all these crazy insane messy parties. Just wondering if I have just been completely stupid and missed all the info about it.

Look forward to seeing some of you at Kings. I am at Stamford Street Apartments too incase any of you are as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runby)
    :rolleyes: Hi
    Offered Foundation course International Studies via clearing,really happy regarding Kings,not sure about the course,any info would be great.

Heyyy I'm doing International Studies in Kings!! I came through clearing too and have nooo idea what to expect :confused: ....Where abouts are you from?? Has your accom been sorted?? xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitch1991)
    Hi guys! I am Mitch and coming from Manchester to study at Law at Kings. I am so excited and cannot wait for it.

I still have not heard any news on what antics have been planned for Freshers Week. All my friends have heard of all these crazy insane messy parties. Just wondering if I have just been completely stupid and missed all the info about it.

Look forward to seeing some of you at Kings. I am at Stamford Street Apartments too incase any of you are as well

Heyyy I know what you mean!! I haven't found anything big going on except the MEGA thing and I bought a ticket for that.. also the medsoc stuff that's on their facebook page, they're sold out so i'm a bit confused :-/ x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kongpotter)
    For gosSake., dont believe them please!! they keep telling me , "the decision willl be made today" for the past week -_-" and today as well i called them, they said my Track will be update this evening -__-" i dont really trust them anymore. I as well have another University waiting to gimme a place! dont understand why are they so..... not- organised. :mad:
    Agreed! its always tmr tmr next week next week....is there a deadline for people to respond to post results unconditionals? Because if its already past that deadline...we all know that they are tardy in updating our UCAS...
    no place means no place so just give a decision right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ta da)
    hi everyone, i'm pretty new to student room but i just came on to say how excited i am about getting into king's. I'm studying medicine and staying at the great dover street apartments (first choice). Anyone else there? I'm a complete loner, i'm the only one from my college going to king's, as i come from southport (near liverpool). Also, has anyone heard from king's officially, other than for accommodation, e.g. freshers details etc? And has anyone signed up to any freshers events yet?
    hey!I m a freshers medic too and staying at GDSA. Look forward to meeting u soon! I m flying in from Saudi Arabia.

ReputationRep:
    there are lots of great nights on every weekend here but I think house (I love tech-house, minimal, techno etc as well) is so much more underground in the UK (unlike in Europe) and especially with our age group. Like the vast majority of my friends and people who were at my school would only hit Fabric on a friday for the dnb & dubstep and most have never even been on a Saturday. I think it's getting more popular though and you're probably right it shouldn't be too hard to meet

ReputationRep:
    I've been a bit rubbish with this whole sorting out freshers thing...

I'm starting Bsc Neuroscience, will be in Great Dover Street! WOOP!

oh yeah, and can someone direct me to the freshers facebook page please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukinko)
    I've been a bit rubbish with this whole sorting out freshers thing...

I'm starting Bsc Neuroscience, will be in Great Dover Street! WOOP!

oh yeah, and can someone direct me to the freshers facebook page please?
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...5395054&ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    yay! thanks @meisje

ReputationRep:
    Hey alll
    I am a student going to start uni at this prestigious university like you and ireally appreciate that i got a place considering what is happening with so many people with A*'S and stuff all just wondering if any one is in dismay about the accommodation policy personally i think the policy is good but also i think it doesn't go far enough to ensure fair application especially for us london students (clearly they dont want use LOL ) at all i really think they should look at the policy of more UCL , LSE and imperial . which are a lot fairer in my view but thats just me
    I don think we should be asked to fill out a SAF form as they then will get loads and of them... and they wont change policy effectively Divide and rule and divert the problem principle being applied here subtly and not really getting to the root of the problem ....
    any ways after having this bit of a rant i want to know anyone able to find a decent flat/house, i found one 168 pw in Bermondsey but OMG @ damage deposit of 1200 and also for i think 1 weeks ...fair to say i didnt go for it
    people i cant spend y pall my maintainence monelus extra on just rent i need to eat and drink and go out and buy books

can anyone advice anywhere else to look i wasn't fortunate enough to attend the housing event a everyone in the family got sick so i had to be at home
    it is a matter of need that i find accommodation
    Also any views on improving the policy clearly we all (most londoners and a few people outside london /UK) experiencing this problem should ask someone to review the policy or is that going a bit to far ..... lol any ways any help and ASAP
    will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    DID YOU KNOW

KCL is like a religious cult group
    with strong religious ext. alike students

full of indians -- huge luxury catholic chapel, with poor substandard classroom

time for you to move on , while 98% of the universities is not religious

find out more about it, rather than climax on a islamic/ catholic / "old school"

Before you make a tuition PAYMENT
    take few weeks to LOOK AT how KINGS delinquent sub-standard bad school really is

while the victimisation of few students by indians bad kids are STRONGLY support by the

hide-it-away nature of the CATHOLIC OLD staff ( just make the victim as a scapegoat, then the

school won't offend the LARGE bad inidan islmaic population)

we try to be non-biased, but how about when white or international students being bully buy this

COLOR GROUP, should we keep silent and LET IT BE , so we seems to be IGNORANT and allow this

racial hatred take place

when kings give us a substandard room, we jsut let it BE?
    when the whole thing is not even comparable to any other COLLEGE In London , do we just let it BE?
    using our family income and our futured graudated income to pay for THESE NASTY catholic

university STAFF with substandard facilities???

if you don't want to join a DELINQUENT badly-equipped school and have a PROPER univesrsity LIFE,

LEAVE KINGS !!!! -- bad bad devil , catholic-centered college ,the religious belief and the

equipment totally few decades OLD

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone here know when were supposed to pay the tuition fees if were not going to use student loans, and also how do we get the password for our kcl email, they've emailed me telling me what my email is but I don't know the password to log on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.