Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebeimogen)
    Ahhh i seee... So what exactly goes on between the two unis?? A statue was mentioned earlier in this thread..?
    Thanks for letting me know

Have you got offers from both UCL and KCL then? That is very impressive if you have! :P

How are you going to choose between them... Kings is obviously the best (im not biased at all!!! haaa) so you should definitely choose to go there! Plus there is also the prospect of intense dressing up!
    Ahh no just KCl for the moment, waiting on UCL although my chances seem pretty unlikely so I will probably be going to KCL. And I would choose UCL over KCL for my course! Although I trust you are making a completely neutral unbiased judgement. Although the prospect of dressing up is pretty damn appealing....

Im not entirely sure what goes on, but the dead corpse of Bentham has been a target in the past I hear... That could provide some fun.

ReputationRep:
    Are the Great Dover Street apartments too far from Strand campus? I would prefer to live at Stamford Street, but I'm wondering if the Intercollegiate halls in Bloomsbury would be better for a second choice? Or Great Dover? Thoughts? I'm American and have only been to London 3 times...

ReputationRep:
    anyone here doing a postgrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maltari86)
    anyone here doing a postgrad?
    There's a postgrad forum here. Most of us on this thread are doing undergrad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niall_001)
    Ahh no just KCl for the moment, waiting on UCL although my chances seem pretty unlikely so I will probably be going to KCL. And I would choose UCL over KCL for my course! Although I trust you are making a completely neutral unbiased judgement. Although the prospect of dressing up is pretty damn appealing....

Im not entirely sure what goes on, but the dead corpse of Bentham has been a target in the past I hear... That could provide some fun.
    Oh well good luck for UCL and i suppose that if it is a better course then you really should go there... in spite of the attraction of dressing up.. Haa.. What course are you applying for?

Mmmm that does sound as though it could get very very interesting... and be a bit of a laugh... I actually cannot wait for all these antics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithrandirthewise)
    KCL's the only offer I wanted...

- Theology
    - Hampshire
    - hopefully to get a good degree
    - have never studied theology before - should be interesting!!!
    Hello! just wondered if your thinking about going to the Religious Literacy Open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.J)
    - Course: Human Science
    - Current location: Ireland...
    - Expectations: High
    - Worries: ..making new friends :erm:
    I'm a bit worried about that too, just because the fact its not a campus uni it might be a bit more daunting haha! Hopefully everyone will be wicked though.....haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.J)
    Ah sure it'll be grand.. hopefully
    What course are you doing, by the way?
    Yeah me too!
    and Geography Bsc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimboo)
    I'm a bit worried about that too, just because the fact its not a campus uni it might be a bit more daunting haha! Hopefully everyone will be wicked though.....haha
    I'm doing Law. And as a lawyer, I don't do "friends". Everyone is merely a potential future client to me

haha

P.S. I am really tempted to organise that medieval march to UCL next year! Let's keep in touch and if we get 50 or so people to join us, I believe we may just make history

ReputationRep:
    Why are there no post-offer open days for Kings?

ReputationRep:
    I should be joining you guys in September. Gonna be studying Philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Course - Computer science
    Current location - Swindon
    Expectations - Really excited! Should be awesome
    Worries - Errrmmm, making new friends i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToriStout)
    Why are there no post-offer open days for Kings?
    There are, I'm going to one in March...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.J)
    3rd March? :yes:

I'll see you there!!

(There was also one yesterday! If any of you went, it'd be nice to hear about your experiences)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.J)
    Did you get invited to that?

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

Course - History
    Current Location - Cheltenham
    Expectations - High, I am really psyched for freshers' week. Also getting back into an academic/social routine (I have been on a gap year whereas most of my friends went straight to uni or moved away).
    Worries - I wont get accomodation I like. I'll be reduced to selling non-essential organs to fund my uni education. Dreading finding accommodation for year 2 and 3. I will come out with 20-30k of debt and end up doing something I could have done pre-degree.

I am also going to the open day on the 3rd of March. Will be very interesting I think. Having read the accomodation date I am torn between the intercollegiate accomodation of Stamford apartments, both have their pros and cons but I can't say I am keen on ANY of the other King's accomodation options.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    Have any of you received anything by post after you got an offer? I got mine a little over a week ago and I thought we were supposed to get sent the accommodation brochure and other information by King's? Am I wrong? I still haven't received anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by absolutely)
    Hey guys!
    Have any of you received anything by post after you got an offer? I got mine a little over a week ago and I thought we were supposed to get sent the accommodation brochure and other information by King's? Am I wrong? I still haven't received anything?
    I got my offer about 2 weeks ago and just received my brochures for accomodation etc today, so don't worry yet, it just takes a while for it to be sent out. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everybody

- Course- Pharmacy
    - Current location- Wolverhampton
    - Expectations- London is going to be amazing I can't wait to meet lots of new people and having an amazing freshers week
    - Worries- of getting lost, i'm never going to be able to find my way in big old london! arrrggghhh

SUPER DUPER EXCITED

ReputationRep:
    Hey

course: biomedical science

current location: london

expectations: meet amazing people and have the best three years of my life, hope that's not too high an expectation to have :P

worries: not getting accomodation as I only live a 15 minute train ride away, so would like accomodation for first year just to have the experience of independance and living alone etc but would understand if I didn't get due to housing not being essential just preferential. Also worried I won't get the grades which would be such a shame, I think I'm a little bit in love with the uni

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.