Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkat)
    yep, i'm firming it. you? i'm really excited about it. stressing about accomodation now.
    Yep, with Cardiff as my backup (unless by some freakish miracle I get into the LSE, in which case my decision gets a whole lot harder). I know, I'm torn between Hampstead, Stamford Street, Wolfson Hall and Intercollegiate Halls :/ Too many choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grenneh)
    Yep, with Cardiff as my backup (unless by some freakish miracle I get into the LSE, in which case my decision gets a whole lot harder). I know, I'm torn between Hampstead, Stamford Street, Wolfson Hall and Intercollegiate Halls :/ Too many choices!
    good luck for LSE!! i should've applied there, so many people think it's amazing. i went for ucl instead and got rejected after meeting a really anti-social interviewer haha. my insurance is bath, i'm making it all official now on ucas. so nervous!
    btw, you're so much more advanced with the accomodation thing. i'm just at the stage of liking hampstead, haven't investigated the others yet.

ReputationRep:
    - Course... Nursing
    - Current location.. Portsmouth
    - Worries.. Meeting my offer, struggling with money, living away, not making friends, finding accomodation in 2nd year, missing my boyfriend! I'm scared but so excited too!

ReputationRep:
    I firmed my geography offer today!!!
    After the open day yesterday i felt compelled to do it today lol

Course: L700 Geography BA
    Current Location: Hertfordshire
    Worries: Money, friends, finding a job! Realising i want to do French and not Geography......Saying that, the brief insight into cities i got yday got me all enthused again :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FestiveReece)
    I firmed my geography offer today!!!
    After the open day yesterday i felt compelled to do it today lol

Course: L700 Geography BA
    Current Location: Hertfordshire
    Worries: Money, friends, finding a job! Realising i want to do French and not Geography......Saying that, the brief insight into cities i got yday got me all enthused again :P
    Ahhh I think I'm going to firm it too! What did you think of the open day? I applied for the BSc but the BA course seemed to be more exciting haha I'm sure it'll be fun though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting on LSE but I'm thinking even if I get an offer I'll go for King's as it seems much more the kind of place I'd want to spend three years at and just much better socially. So yeah pretty certain I'll be firming.

Course: History
    Current Location: Londra
    Worries: Not getting accomodation as I live within the M25 (anyone know what my chances are?). Also failing to find people who are into House music (they did not exist at Warwick, although Dubstep and DnB were moderately well represented) and who would be up for hitting Matter, Fabric etc.

(Original post by mkat)
    good luck for LSE!! i should've applied there, so many people think it's amazing. i went for ucl instead and got rejected after meeting a really anti-social interviewer haha. my insurance is bath, i'm making it all official now on ucas. so nervous!
    btw, you're so much more advanced with the accomodation thing. i'm just at the stage of liking hampstead, haven't investigated the others yet.
    Lol nice name

ReputationRep:
    Course: History and War Studies
    Current location: Norwich, Norfolk
    Worries: Finding it hard to make new friends, getting lost, not finding a job

I can't decide between Hampstead for accomodation or Stampford Apartments, but the open day on wednesday should make it clearer.
    I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conkermon)
    I'm still waiting on LSE but I'm thinking even if I get an offer I'll go for King's as it seems much more the kind of place I'd want to spend three years at and just much better socially. So yeah pretty certain I'll be firming.

Course: History
    Current Location: Londra
    Worries: Not getting accomodation as I live within the M25 (anyone know what my chances are?). Also failing to find people who are into House music (they did not exist at Warwick, although Dubstep and DnB were moderately well represented) and who would be up for hitting Matter, Fabric etc.

Lol nice name
    thanks . oh and i really like house music. a lot. minimal, techno, jazzy and groovy ones as well. don't worry about finding this type of people, it's London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattie1992)
    Course: History and War Studies
    Current location: Norwich, Norfolk
    Worries: Finding it hard to make new friends, getting lost, not finding a job

I can't decide between Hampstead for accomodation or Stampford Apartments, but the open day on wednesday should make it clearer.
    I can't wait!
    Did you get sent a password or something for accomodation? I got sent like a pack with info about the different places but I'm not sure how you actually apply.. Maybe I should re-read it.

(Original post by mkat)
    thanks . oh and i really like house music. a lot. minimal, techno, jazzy and groovy ones as well. don't worry about finding this type of people, it's London.
    Haha jokes I guess that bodes pretty well for King's then . I know there are lots of great nights on every weekend here but I think house (I love tech-house, minimal, techno etc as well) is so much more underground in the UK (unlike in Europe) and especially with our age group. Like the vast majority of my friends and people who were at my school would only hit Fabric on a friday for the dnb & dubstep and most have never even been on a Saturday. I think it's getting more popular though and you're probably right it shouldn't be too hard to meet the right people. Accomodation is probably the real thing to be concerned about..

By the way you should think about checking out Cocoon at Matter on April 3rd (Loco Dice & Sven Vath if you know them) and maybe also Circo Loco on the 4th (combined tickets = £25, bargain), should be a big big Easter Weekend

ReputationRep:
    Did you get sent a password or something for accomodation? I got sent like a pack with info about the different places but I'm not sure how you actually apply.. Maybe I should re-read it
    Nope, I just got sent the info booklet as well. I don't know how to apply either, and the myapplication portal thing doesn't say anything about applying for accomodation. I'll probably ask at the open day on wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    hi i'll be doing hist and french! need some help re accomodation... no idea whether to go for intercoll/kcl accom only!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimboo)
    Ahhh I think I'm going to firm it too! What did you think of the open day? I applied for the BSc but the BA course seemed to be more exciting haha I'm sure it'll be fun though.

the day was ok. The tour of SSA was annoying... My mum and i didn't appreciate the walk across Waterloo Birdge at all after having walked for ages throughout the day lol.
    How boring was that man talking about developmental geography?!?!?! thankfuly the american man and the woman talking about cities kept it relevant to what i want to do,thus stopping me from passing ut with boredom lol.
    What about you? What did you think?
    Hey,who was your tour person?as in which half of group A did you end up in?

ReputationRep:

Haha jokes I guess that bodes pretty well for King's then . I know there are lots of great nights on every weekend here but I think house (I love tech-house, minimal, techno etc as well) is so much more underground in the UK (unlike in Europe) and especially with our age group. Like the vast majority of my friends and people who were at my school would only hit Fabric on a friday for the dnb & dubstep and most have never even been on a Saturday. I think it's getting more popular though and you're probably right it shouldn't be too hard to meet the right people. Accomodation is probably the real thing to be concerned about..

By the way you should think about checking out Cocoon at Matter on April 3rd (Loco Dice & Sven Vath if you know them) and maybe also Circo Loco on the 4th (combined tickets = £25, bargain), should be a big big Easter Weekend
    UK is sort of the underground house place in Europe, if you know where to go. Loads of djs come from here, it's quite interesting actually. I have friends back home, which is Romania btw but I've been living in England for almost 2 years now, who are obsessed with underground house music and they want to come to London just for that. I love Loco Dice. Too bad I'm not here for Easter, but thanks for the tip.
    Accomodation is the big problem now...what halls are you thinking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FestiveReece)
    the day was ok. The tour of SSA was annoying... My mum and i didn't appreciate the walk across Waterloo Birdge at all after having walked for ages throughout the day lol.
    How boring was that man talking about developmental geography?!?!?! thankfuly the american man and the woman talking about cities kept it relevant to what i want to do,thus stopping me from passing ut with boredom lol.
    What about you? What did you think?
    Hey,who was your tour person?as in which half of group A did you end up in?
    Yeah the apartment tour was really annoying, waiting outside for ages...I didn't really like the room either :| do you have any idea where you're going to apply for accomodation? I haven't seen any of the others..
    Yeah the development geography did get a bit tedious haha he had a lot to say! But apart from that I thought the day was pretty good (I liked the library aswell haha what a loser)
    I can't remember the name of the tour girl! She had glasses though....?! When they split the room I was on the right hand side, I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothesnowdome)
    hi i'll be doing hist and french! need some help re accomodation... no idea whether to go for intercoll/kcl accom only!
    Me neither! Ahhh...

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional Offer for English Lit and Lang! Anyone else? I'm so so excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkat)
    UK is sort of the underground house place in Europe, if you know where to go. Loads of djs come from here, it's quite interesting actually. I have friends back home, which is Romania btw but I've been living in England for almost 2 years now, who are obsessed with underground house music and they want to come to London just for that. I love Loco Dice. Too bad I'm not here for Easter, but thanks for the tip.
    Accomodation is the big problem now...what halls are you thinking about?
    Loco Dice is so awesome right , I've only seen him a couple of times but he actually causes chaos lol and he makes massive tunes. It's cool to hear the UK scene is known abroad, maybe I'm wrong thinking we're behind the rest of Europe, there are definitely a lot of great nights here. I'm guessing you know them already but I really rate Raresh, Rhadoo and the Circo Loco guys for Romanian DJs, they have such a crazy experimental sound.

The accomodation I literally have no idea.. None of them really seem that appealing. Ideally I'd want to be in more social halls that aren't insanely expensive and far away.. Anyone have any reccomendations? What are you thinking? I'm gonna go to an open day on the 24th so maybe I'll get a better idea then but I have a feeling cause of the whole M25 thing I'm gonna end up living at home anyway, which would really suck

ReputationRep:
    ok, i want to go to KCL and it will be my firm choice... for Computer Science.

HOWEVER, for that to happen i need an offer first

i applied back in november and still haven't got a reply. they just emailed me once saying they will reply between december and march.

Anyone else got an offer for computer science yet??? or isit just me?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I got my offer back in December, haven't been on TSR in a while since then though. Glad to see somebody's made this thread, t'is a good idea!

Course: Medicine
    Current Location: Stafford
    Expectations: I can't wait! I'm hoping freshers and the lectures/people etc will be fun - Looking forward to meeting my future fellow medical students, seeing as King's has about 400 of them!
    Worries: Fresher's (I'll be 17 on entry and apparently I'm going to get a special ID card to show I'm underage, so I probably won't be able to go out much...), making good friends, the work load.... the usual really! :P

Look forward to seeing you all in September! Let's overtake UCL this year!

ReputationRep:
    Offer BA geography ABB
    still not sure if i should firm it since SOAS gave me an AAA offer for econ with geography. Suggestions? i really want to come to Kings though and the course is interesting but with SOAS i can study economics at SOAS and geography at kings. But apparently SOAS is smaller than my current school haha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2010

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.