Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no idea whatsoever on where to post this.

basically i have a bet on with someone as to whether or not this plant is savable. i know it looks very very dead i was just wondering other than making sure it gets lots of sunlight and water (which is what this plant aparantly needs) should i do anything else?

will removing the fruit help at all? or is that going to make it worse
    Spoiler:
    Show

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    no idea whatsoever on where to post this.

basically i have a bet on with someone as to whether or not this plant is savable. i know it looks very very dead i was just wondering other than making sure it gets lots of sunlight and water (which is what this plant aparantly needs) should i do anything else?

will removing the fruit help at all? or is that going to make it worse
    Spoiler:
    Show

Is it a pepper plant? It looks like one. If it is, capsicum plants are perennials so they are losing their foliage at this time of year to conserve energy due to low UV light levels.

My advise is to take off the fruits and leaves; you may also wish to lightly prune the branches and give it a drop of water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby sexy)
    Is it a pepper plant? It looks like one. If it is, capsicum plants are perennials so they are losing their foliage at this time of year to conserve energy due to low UV light levels.

My advise is to take off the fruits and leaves; you may also wish to lightly prune the branches and give it a drop of water.
    thanks i'll do just that... and its apparantly a jerusalem cherry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    thanks i'll do just that... and its apparantly a jerusalem cherry
    I believe the fruits of this plant are poisonous so bin them.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.