Turn on thread page Beta

Why do men dislike... watch

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt worry about it. Its natural. The fact that you realise that you feel this way means the problem will sort its self out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    I don't, my sister can date who she wants. If he's a prick I'll sort him out though.
    This is pretty much what I go with.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure Freud could explain it for you...

:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellybee)
    Im sure Freud could explain it for you...

:giggle:
    Freud knew everything :cool:

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's just protective instinct. But it's not just guys; I'm suspicious of any guy who wants to date my younger sister and you can bet that if he hurt her I'd find a way to make him pay.

ReputationRep:
    this might sounds a bit crazy but its mostly because your jealous and not in a creepy sexual way but your jealous that your sister loves someone else. its usually more common for sons to be jealous of there fathers....freud was a wonderful man :L

ReputationRep:
    Most of what Freud said is now considered to be a load of crap tbh...

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really matter what his conclusions said, he pretty much founded psychology, so without him it's unlikely we'd know half of what we do today.

ReputationRep:
    Because im protective of my sister.
    But I wouldnt go overboard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do boys/men often take a strong disliking to the person who is dating their sister, daughter, or mother (unless it's their dad)?

My sister has been dating people - but for some reason which I can't pinpoint, I'm always really uncomfortable knowing about it, and deep down really don't like the people that she dates, kind of by default.

Anyone know why this happens? :confused:
    Natural defence instinct to protect the women in their family. Get your sister/mum/etc to date a friend if you want something to really blow your mind as by default you want to hate them, but you know them to be a good friend...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    some guy was either innocently flirting with or bullying my sister, I couldnt remember which, anywho i punched him in the face. School suspended me
    hahah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moley89)
    Doesn't really matter what his conclusions said, he pretty much founded psychology, so without him it's unlikely we'd know half of what we do today.
    I don't dispute that he founded psychology, but its still important to realise a lot of what he said is now considered to be wrong, so presenting his opinions as fact on an internet forum can be pretty misleading.

ReputationRep:
    cause they're boffing your sister!

really? really? you needed me to tell you that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    I don't dispute that he founded psychology, but its still important to realise a lot of what he said is now considered to be wrong, so presenting his opinions as fact on an internet forum can be pretty misleading.
    On the topic of freud - the whole holding in jobbies for pleasure = anti-social is true. I have evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    some guy was either innocently flirting with or bullying my sister, I couldn't remember which, anywho i punched him in the face. School suspended me
    (Original post by Davezk)
    I don't, my sister can date who she wants. If he's a prick I'll sort him out though.
    (Original post by DaveParlour)
    I'm an incredibly laid back guy, but if anything happened to my sisters I'd be there to defend them within a flash; quite possibly very violently.
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Hah, don't care who my sister dates. But if he does something out of order, I will beat the **** outta him and then some.
    Is it weird I find these really quite hot?

Sexual frustration alert, I'm gonna GTFO

ReputationRep:
    Hah, don't care who my sister dates. But if he does something out of order, I will beat the **** outta him and then some.

ReputationRep:
    Cause they know these guys are just like themselves and out to get anything they can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do boys/men often take a strong disliking to the person who is dating their sister, daughter, or mother (unless it's their dad)?

My sister has been dating people - but for some reason which I can't pinpoint, I'm always really uncomfortable knowing about it, and deep down really don't like the people that she dates, kind of by default.

Anyone know why this happens? :confused:
    Not sure - i've never done it personally, I just find a lot of my sisters boyfriends a bit boring (except for her current one - he's a bit weird though).

(Original post by aeonflux)
    It's just instinctive for a guy to be protective of his sister or daughter or whatever.

I don't think its irrational at all, I know what guys are like.
    Personal experience leads me to believe girls aren't much different, and I'd assume my sister isn't going to be any different. Though now i've just resurfaced an unfortunate memory from living back home involving the stupid fact that my scanner software automatically saves and displays the last images made. That's going to haunt me for a while now - I ******* hate repressed memories.

(Original post by licensedX)
    Is it weird I find these really quite hot?

Sexual frustration alert, I'm gonna GTFO
    If it helps calm you down, I couldn't give a **** about mine. Well I suppose if there was some domestic violence I might, but that's it, I swear.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.