Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can anyone offer any advice of what they are looking for. I have been set to choose three problems, two not serious and one serious to put into room 101- basically a delete room. Hope someone can help

Thanks, Lauren :confused:

I'm guessing this is GCSE as I did the Room 101 presentation for GCSE too!

I think the key is to present a balanced argument. Make sure you clearly put your put across, using lots of persuasive but fair language; but also mention the opposing view. Acknowledge the opposing view but strike it down with your arguments.

For example I did 'compulsory PE'. So I said something like, "Of course, compulsory PE is an excellent way to ensure that all students get good and regular exercise. However, this should not be forced upon students against their will, and doing it in school can actually hinder their enthusiasm, because..." and then went on to list reasons like cruel teachers, getting picked on, being freezing in winter, etc. It was quite fun!

Maybe make a list of all the persuasive techniques and devices in a argument that you know, so things like emotive language, personal pronounds, anecdotes, use of opposing view, evidence + statistics, hyperbole, etc. and then try and include them in your presentation.

Hope that's been of some use, and hope it goes well!

Yes it did help I got an A whoop whoop, thanks a lot !!!!

Aw yay, glad it went well!
    Well done!
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.