Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PC VS CONSOLE gaming watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    still not much higher specs required. It's hardley anything to strive for in terms of computing power...
    Not these days no - but in my PC at the time I had to upgrade the graphics card to play it properly - got a 3870, that ran it smoothly but the 7900GS in before that didn't at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic123)
    in the short term yes, but in the long term consoles are still cheaper.
    Not really. You only need to upgrade certain components on a PC, to get a new console you have to fork out for a completely new array of hardware.

Coupled with the accessories and liscensing pushing up game prices for console games, PC gaming is cheaper in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Not really in the last 4 years all I've done is upgrade my graphics card and CPU totalling about £250 now the PS3 still costs more than that, and at release cost a heck of a lot more, now I'm not looking at upgrading for a good while all in all I've saved alot more by just upgrading certain aspects of the pc add to that the games on a PC are also cheaper than there console counterparts and in the long run it's cheaper.

Reading your posts in this thread so far you really don't seem to have much of a clue on this.

ReputationRep:
    as previously explained by other posters, console arnt cheaper purely for gaming, coupled with all the other stuff your pc does, and you really do make quite a saving. (as you need a pc either way)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.