Turn on thread page Beta

Can anyone suggest how i would approach this question in my french AS oral? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im with AQA - Im repeating my AS oral on friday - im extremely nervous because im so unprepared

im not too sure how to approach the first question in the stimulus card

it is always - De quoi s'agit til

should i say there is a piece of text - a picture of *a family*

could anyone please suggest helpful phrases to get me through this question - or any advice on the oral at all?

thanks in advance - any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou-Lou)
    Im with AQA - Im repeating my AS oral on friday - im extremely nervous because im so unprepared

im not too sure how to approach the first question in the stimulus card

it is always - De quoi s'agit til

should i say there is a piece of text - a picture of *a family*

could anyone please suggest helpful phrases to get me through this question - or any advice on the oral at all?

thanks in advance - any help would be much appreciated
    You don't approach it...
    YOU RUN FROM FRENCH A LEVEL WHILST YOU STILL CAN
    :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat... it sucks doesn't it?!?!!!
    Thanks for reminding me that i needed to come up with some ideas for this!!
    Off the top of my head you could use 'Cet extrait parle de...'
    If i think of any more i will post again... but i will also be interested to see other people's responses!
    Good Luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Love the first reply!

I didn't do AQA but I would guess they want you to summarise the article or whatever they give you rather than just saying 'its a picture'. Perhaps 'Il s'agit d'une famille qui a perdu son chat...'

ReputationRep:
    il s'agit de.... then explain what is it that the title and the text means, dont say anything about the picture and make sure not to elaborate too far from the 'stimulus' because thats not what it asks for and u will need anything more that you know for the rest of the questions. oh and make sure you read all the questions before you start answering so that u hav an idea of what will be relevant and where.

im in the same position, mines of thursday, i was told that it would be in march so iv only got a few days to prepare!

im really worried that my answers for the conversation part wont be long enough and the examiner will have to ask me really specific stuff that i cant answer.

good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Also! im going to make sure to use a subjunctive at least every other answer i give and try to throw in as many tenses as i can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingOriginal...)
    I'm in the same boat... it sucks doesn't it?!?!!!
    Thanks for reminding me that i needed to come up with some ideas for this!!
    Off the top of my head you could use 'Cet extrait parle de...'
    If i think of any more i will post again... but i will also be interested to see other people's responses!
    Good Luck!!!

Hi, Ive come up with some of these phrases - what do you think?

Il s'agit un extrait
    Cet extrait parle de
    il s’agit de
    il décrit
    Il explique
    L’article est d’environ
    Il y a un passage sur
    L’article est sur le thème de …………. L’extrait décrit

ReputationRep:
    We've been to simply reply with one sentence. "Il s'agit de ........"

So, for this card (http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...W-QP-JAN09.PDF - it's on page 4), you'd simply have to say "Il s'agit de le popularité du cinéma." They don't like you to give too much info away, so 1 sentence like this is plenty.

Bonne Chance!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.