Turn on thread page Beta

Nickelback? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    wtf man? Shower son, early ******* bath. How can one band discredit a whole genre so much? Terrible.

ReputationRep:
    LOL.
    I remember when everyone was into them. I consistently thought of them as utterly ****. Damn you PGL for making me endure, not 1, but 5 of their songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YL_LDN)
    wtf man? Shower son, early ******* bath. How can one band discredit a whole genre so much? Terrible.
    What genre even are they? They fit into so many types of ****.

ReputationRep:
    LOL everyone who actually likes rock music hates them.

People who don't particularly like rock seem to like them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    What genre even are they? They fit into so many types of ****.

According to wikipedia: "Genres: Hard rock, alternative rock, post-grunge, alternative metal"

Lyrics to photograph, opening verse:

"Look at this photograph
    Everytime I do it makes me laugh
    How did our eyes get so red
    And what the hell is on Joey's head"

Poetic genius, VERY HARD ROCK.

Funny how they were voted ugliest band too. Wtf man haha.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, everyone loves to jump on the 'I Hate Nickelback' bandwagon, don't they?
    At least they write their own music, which cannot be said for so many so-called 'artists' nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I like nickelback. Its funny how some people NEED to stereotype everything and cant accept something for what it is. You dont like it? fair enough. You do like it? fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    Ah, everyone loves to jump on the 'I Hate Nickelback' bandwagon, don't they?
    At least they write their own music, which cannot be said for so many so-called 'artists' nowadays.
    Perhaps but what they do, they don't do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sickojones)
    I like nickelback. Its funny how some people NEED to stereotype everything and cant accept something for what it is. You dont like it? fair enough. You do like it? fair enough.
    Well done, you have no taste in music.

ReputationRep:

At least they write their own music
    so ****ing what if they do?
    it's not admirable when they churn out such ****.
    i could write my own music and it would be pure tripe and i'd get slated nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    i love there song "how you remind me"

ReputationRep:
    Nickelback are okay :dontknow:

Not great but listenable if they come on in a pub.

ReputationRep:
    I love Nickelback. I would label myself as a metal/hard rock fan, and I still think they're great. I think some people need to stop thinking they're too hardcore and elite to listen to some different types of music.
    Yeah they've done some pretty dodgy lyric writing, but jeez lighten up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Perhaps but what they do, they don't do well.
    I don't understand what's so horrific about their music, though? I'm not a Nickelback fan, their music isn't inspirational, but it's listenable, and I'm not going to deny I do enjoy some of the songs. They have palatable chord progressions and harmonies, the lyrics aren't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination but neither are lyrics from many a rock song...in their defence at least they aren't pretentious verses comprised of obscure phrases obviously chosen to fit the melody line, that are considered to be 'genius' merely due to the fact that meaning has been created through interpretation of the words via extraneous sources. Getting in a bit deep here but the main point is...they're not anything particularly special yet I feel their music doesn't exactly warrant such a profound negative response.

I find some bands absolutely awful, yet they seem to escape this barrage of hate. In reality I think it's more likely the problem lies with their arrogant persona as a band rather than a problem with their music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamadi00)
    LOL everyone who actually likes rock music hates them.

People who don't particularly like rock seem to like them...
    i LIKE rock music and i LIKE Nickelback, so bugger off with that idea...

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with them, except perhaps the slightly repetetive nature of some of their later albums. Still, they were the first rock band I listened to and they broke me into the rock genre- I like 'em!

ReputationRep:
    Never understood people's problem with them...if you don't like them, don't listen to them. Why start a rant? :dontknow:

They're not the best band, a bit generic, but some hillarious songs, some quite moving actually.

ReputationRep:
    Man they are ******* awful. Horrible watered down kid friendly radio rock for idiots. They should be put against a wall and shot with all the other 'post-grunge' music butchers.

ReputationRep:
    Well done, you have no taste in music.

Dear lord, thats ******* bad coming from you have you seen the state of your recently played tracks?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand what's so horrific about their music, though? I'm not a Nickelback fan, their music isn't inspirational, but it's listenable, and I'm not going to deny I do enjoy some of the songs. They have palatable chord progressions and harmonies, the lyrics aren't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination but neither are lyrics from many a rock song..."in their defence at least they aren't pretentious verses comprised of obscure phrases obviously chosen to fit the melody line, that are considered to be 'genius' merely due to the fact that meaning has been created through interpretation of the words via extraneous sources" (ROFLCOPTER). Getting in a bit deep here(:facepalm:) but the main point is...they're not anything particularly special yet I feel their music doesn't exactly warrant such a profound negative response.
    I looked at most of your post, and decided to correct what I could.
    There are added brackets.
    The underlined is truth.
    The bold is lies.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at most of your post, and decided to correct what I could. (Thank you for your generosity!)
    There are added brackets.
    The underlined is truth.
    The bold is lies.
    You're a music critic then, I assume? Everything you say is gospel?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.