Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Listening to 'Rockstar' makes me want to buy a high-powered rifle, ascend to the roof of a tall building and just start shooting anyone and everyone in sight, men, women, children, dogs, in complete and utter anger, disgust and disbelief that I live in a world where such a band are not only allowed to exist, but actually make a significant living from peddling such generic, offensive trash.

There are bad bands, and then there's Nickelback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    I love Nickelback. I would label myself as a metal/hard rock fan, and I still think they're great. I think some people need to stop thinking they're too hardcore and elite to listen to some different types of music.
    Yeah they've done some pretty dodgy lyric writing, but jeez lighten up.
    put your tits away

ReputationRep:
    I like one of their songs :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    put your tits away

So Nickelback huh? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've always hated this whole music elitism. So I can't like rock if I listen to country? I can't be an indie fan if I like pop. I can't listen to dance if I also listen to metal? Labeling someone as a 'fake' or a 'poser' because the listen to more than one type of music is pathetic just like not listening to a whole genre because you don't like a couple of bands.

I like Nickleback. They're easy to listen to and sing along to with your mates.
    Besides, they're awesome live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Yeah I have no real opinion, everything I believe is just based on jealousy of those with more money than me.

Shock horror coming from a Tory.
    The jealousy part was merely a side note, funny how that's brought up over everything else that was said.

No need to bring politics into it, I'd have said the same if I was a monster raving loony.

You're the one who says you have no real opinion, I just happened to bring you to that conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam151)
    this
    i like nickelback aswell and i get slated for it in any music conversation
    but when i saw them live it was a top night
    isnt that what music is all about anyway?
    Cheers

Actually, my cousin went to see them live, this is a bloke who's seen everyone from Iron Maiden to Deep Purple, and he claimed it was the best gig he's ever been to. Partially because the fire marshall's were on strike so they had a massive pyro show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doginthesky)
    High five :five:
    Haha yay someone agreed with me! :five: right back atcha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.