Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think of bleached hair? watch

ReputationRep:
    and if you have bleached it, what was it like? did it go yellow at first? because i was thinking about bleaching my hair from mid brown.

ReputationRep:
    Quite chavvy, depends on the colour of your skin as to whether it suits you really. I prefer natural colour tho, especially if ur a brunette

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahaaaay)
    Quite chavvy, depends on the colour of your skin as to whether it suits you really. I prefer natural colour tho, especially if ur a brunette
    well, i'm not a chav, i assure you! and i dont wear orange foundation but i'm pretty pale, i have greeny brown eyes, but my hair makes me look like a goth :O

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person tbqh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like it.....

ReputationRep:
    couldn't care less about it tbh

ReputationRep:
    It's permanent which is the scariest thing...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit tacky, I prefer natural looking colours.

ReputationRep:
    Love bleached hair
    Ive bleached like just a strip of my hair before
    It can go a bit yellowy but if you use a white toner its fine

ReputationRep:
    Depends can look bad if its not the right person. If it is then it can look amazing. I'm sure your hairdresser would give you an opinion on what suits.

ReputationRep:
    Get it done professionally, do not under any circumstances do it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livvyyy)
    and if you have bleached it, what was it like? did it go yellow at first? because i was thinking about bleaching my hair from mid brown.
    i've got a feeling this is going to turn into a ramble, but here it goes!

i had my hair bleached (in a hairdressers) about a month ago for the first time. i naturally have dark brown hair, but my hair was virtually blonde before the bleach as i have been having highlights put in for a while.
    the bleach really hurt my head, the girl said this was normal but i decided there and then that i would stick to highlights in future.
    and it did make my hair go yellowy, she had to go through it with highlights anyway to make it less yellowy.
    EDIT: yeah toner did work, i think i didn't have the bleach on long enough cause it was burning my head!

so in my case, bleach didn't work, but i do like bleached hair

ReputationRep:
    It looks like straw on quite a few women.

ReputationRep:
    It can look good on some people, but it makes me cringe to think of what damage it does to your hair. I'm pretty sure it can be looked after though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livvyyy)
    Makes respectable girls look like ****gy chavs

ReputationRep:
    I will never understand how a light shade of blonde hair could possibly make someone look 'chavvy'. All sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds bleach their hair. Ridiculous. I've had mine ever colour imaginable and I've never been mistaken for a chav.

It depends entirely on the person though, OP. Looks awful on some and great on others.

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on your style as to whether it'll look good. Like, unless you're distinctly not a chav, it could look quite chavvy.

I've bleached my hair (originally dark brown) a lot as a prerequisite for various colours, and normally it goes pretty yellow. And I think for a lot of people with dark hair it goes ginger.

ReputationRep:
    My hair is bleached, not overly so but it is a light shade of blonde. I'm naturally blonde just a little bit darker. I'm very pale and so I think it suits my complexion quite well. My hair is in good condition because I look after it well and spend time and money doing so. If you are prepared for the maintenance there is no reason why bleached hair should look like straw.

I certainly don't look like a chav either and I'm definitely not a ****. But then again I have a very feminine and soft style so I don't give off that image anyway.

As others have suggested I'd go for a consultation with a hairdresser just to see what they'd recommend. Obviously here on TSR we don't know what you look like so we can't say it would definitely suit you or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieMT)
    .My hair is in good condition because I look after it well and spend time and money doing so. If you are prepared for the maintenance there is no reason why bleached hair should look like straw.
    Exactly. I love bleached hair when its done right and in a style that suits the person. Mine has been loads of colours in the past, and it was blonde for a while, but I want to do it properly this time - near to platinum blonde (I'm pale so it should suit) and I'm even thinking of having it cut in a short funky bob, which will be a shock from the 18-inch long auburn hair I have, but I'm bored, and it will grow back!
    As others have said, if you want bleach in your hair, always get it done by a professional. They will not mess it up the way home kits can, they will know whats best for your hair and will advise you and you can ask the questions.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly...i think it looks cheap and nasty. Just my opinion!

*waits abuse*

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.