Turn on thread page Beta

Can you attact women with a serious, kinda surly and dry personality? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well my problem isnt talking and maintaining a conversation with girls its that I dont like small talk and will initiate and maintain a good solid conversation only when a good opportunity- topic- arises. Small talk is a necessity on meeting someone for the first time . I accept it and practise it regularly in such a scernario but three months into Uni it has become tiresome.

I am quite a serious guy with a dry and black sense of humour. The obvious question is: " why dont you just be happy and smiley and actively go out there talking about junk 90 percent of the time." Thats the problem its pretending. I however do not want to change my personality completely just to encage in more conversations that I will find boring.

Point of post: Would women avoid a male who is serious,reserved and has a dry /dark sense of humour?

Yes I know that not all women are the same.

ReputationRep:
    You sound hot :coma:
    Small talk is a complete ******* waste of time, I hate it, there's bound to be other women who feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    I'm living proof that you can attract women even when you're a complete jackass.

Dark, dry humour is the best though don't change that! maybe be a less reserved and more laid back, not so serious...but keep the dark sense of humour. I'm sure that'll get you some pie in the night times :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, because I'm serious too and would much rather have a serious conversation than talk about nothing. But if a guy was surly to the extent he seemed uninterested in talking to me, then I'd probably be reluctant to approach him.

ReputationRep:
    Another thought: you sound like Mr Darcy, and that's never a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    I expect so.

I'd say it is a lot more unlikely for a guy to be attracted to a girl with that sort of personality. I've had little luck, anyway. Girls are 'supposed' to be constantly happy and upbeat and apron-wearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I expect so.

I'd say it is a lot more unlikely for a guy to be attracted to a girl with that sort of personality. I've had little luck, anyway. Girls are 'supposed' to be constantly happy and upbeat and apron-wearing.
    I hate that.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like Mr. Darcy.

that will be all.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, although you'll probably only attract serious, kinda surly, dry women. You'd both be as dull as each other! :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Sparkles)
    Yes, although you'll probably only attract serious, kinda surly, dry women. You'd both be as dull as each other! :top:
    So showing off as much of your personality equates to how interesting someone is? Just because someone is loud doesn't mean they are great company.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I h8 in when people talk for the sake of talking - especially in the mornings- and then if you dont reply you are rude:confused:

ReputationRep:
    as long as you don't come across as uptight and moody

ReputationRep:
    Just depends...who would you rather sleep with based on personality: Jack Dee or Michael McIntyre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Yeah I h8 in when people talk for the sake of talking - especially in the mornings- and then if you dont reply you are rude:confused:
    Again refering to that nob that said i am dull. Those "loudmouths" just put themselves out there and most people are too shy,polite or are afraid of being rude to them to back off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    Another thought: you sound like Mr Darcy, and that's never a bad thing
    definately just about to say "ever read pride and prejudice?"

ReputationRep:
    Oo er, clash of the titans between the Mr's ^^
    And usually yes, but the reserved part can be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Halpert)
    Well my problem isnt talking and maintaining a conversation with girls its that I dont like small talk and will initiate and maintain a good solid conversation only when a good opportunity- topic- arises. Small talk is a necessity on meeting someone for the first time . I accept it and practise it regularly in such a scernario but three months into Uni it has become tiresome.

I am quite a serious guy with a dry and black sense of humour. The obvious question is: " why dont you just be happy and smiley and actively go out there talking about junk 90 percent of the time." Thats the problem its pretending. I however do not want to change my personality completely just to encage in more conversations that I will find boring.

Point of post: Would women avoid a male who is serious,reserved and has a dry /dark sense of humour?

Yes I know that not all women are the same.
    Mate I know what you mean. They so are, but it takes a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarmiteOnToast)
    Just depends...who would you rather sleep with based on personality: Jack Dee or Michael McIntyre?
    Jack Dee.Gotta love his attitude:" if you dont find me funny don't whine just leave ". Michael's attitude: " if you dont like me why dont you likeme ? Please like me!"

ReputationRep:
    Standard student replies in the thread. Boring :awesome:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.