Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, need bit of help. If they ask me re current issues child nursing is facing currently, I am not sure what can I talk about. When I am looking on the webs (Nursing times and nursing standard) it seems like it mainly general problems facing NHS, and struggling to find anything specifically re child nursing (or neonatal nursing even better). Any advice where to look will be great. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the same problem. In one of the nursing times magazines though, i think i read somewhere about them changing the meningitus vaccination for children?
    It was a tiny section ;l I'll have a look later what issue it was.

ReputationRep:
    The change 4 life campaign is aimed at all ages, so you could include children in that.
    I had an interview for children's nursing and was only asked 'what is in the news regarding the nhs' it wasn't specific to Children's nursing. I said the change 4 life campaign, and the Staford hospitals being poor.

ReputationRep:
    i did a search on the nursing times website and this is what came up.
    http://www.nursingtimes.net/SearchRe...ldrens+nursing

but remember any issue that effects the running of the nhs also effects the childrens deptments i.e. bed shortage, obesety, mental health. use current nhs issues and see how they would apply to childrens health you dont need spesific childrens news stories, unis are looking at weather you have a good understanding of general issuse in healthcare there not expecting you to have enough info for a disertation.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to mention swine flu and the recent injections. I know amongst mothers that has caused a lot of concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare34)
    I was going to mention swine flu and the recent injections. I know amongst mothers that has caused a lot of concern.
    say parents/families in your interview not just mothers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.