Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)

that picture got to me far more than any other in this thread, its the only one that upset me

poor kitten, i just want to pick it up, give it a hug and take it home for a good feed and cuddle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    that picture got to me far more than any other in this thread, its the only one that upset me

poor kitten, i just want to pick it up, give it a hug and take it home for a good feed and cuddle
    I'd do the same. Indifference is cruel

ReputationRep:
    it makes me think how ungrateful we are for everything we have. People complain about little things but they forget how much other people suffer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshyEls)
    WE aren't confronted with that everyday in our cushy little western bubble.
    Most people in the developing world aren't confronted by those scenes on a daily basis. Go to Brazil, Iran, Kenya .etc. and it isn't as bad as those pictures. Those are some of the worst pictures of a century, there are bound to be horrible pictures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Most people in the developing world aren't confronted by those scenes on a daily basis. Go to Brazil, Iran, Kenya .etc. and it isn't as bad as those pictures. Those are some of the worst pictures of a century, there are bound to be horrible pictures.
    Go to Somalia, Darfur, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone and see that life really is that bad for a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Somalia, Darfur, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone and see that life really is that bad for a lot of people.
    They are some extreme countries you have picked, the people posting in this thread seem to be under the illusion this is normal life outside the west. Bear in mind some of the pictures posted by the OP were taken in the West and many were of conflicts initiated by the United States, war=horrible pictures.

ReputationRep:

Are you insane, you care more about a kitten than a starving child?

ReputationRep:
    They are some extreme countries you have picked, the people posting in this thread seem to be under the illusion this is normal life outside the west. Bear in mind some of the pictures posted by the OP were taken in the West and many were of conflicts initiated by the United States, war=horrible pictures.
    I didn't mean to suggest that every person in a non western country lives a horrible life, and I know western governments/corporations are actually responsible for a lot of the suffering. It just seemed to me that you were suggesting the images were of rare isolated events, and that really isn't the case.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean to suggest that every person in a non western country lives a horrible life, and I know western governments/corporations are actually responsible for a lot of the suffering. It just seemed to me that you were suggesting the images were of rare isolated events, and that really isn't the case.
    Well many were they're was the stabbing of the Japanese politician, the Vietnam, Afghan and Iraqi wars, famine, a collapsing balcony .etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well many were they're was the stabbing of the Japanese politician, the Vietnam, Afghan and Iraqi wars, famine, a collapsing balcony .etc.
    The war photos are representative of war in general, which is certainly not an isolated event. Even those particular wars involve/d people suffering and dying on a massive scale. Famines periodically happen across different parts of Africa on a regular basis, and that is only going to get worse with climate change. Fair shout on the other two though.

ReputationRep:
    yes, quite frankly i do

ReputationRep:
    yes, quite frankly i do
    Any particular reason?

ReputationRep:
    yes, quite frankly i do
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't mean that she cares more about a kitten than a starving child.

Edit. well, I was wrong xD

yes, quite frankly i do

ReputationRep:
    Any particular reason?

i love animals, i have pets that i love and care about so to see an animal being mistreated is upsetting to me because i know how much i love mine and i cant understand how anyone would hurt/neglect an innocent animal

i dont have kids, have no intention of having kids and i cant stand kids

ReputationRep:
    i love animals, i have pets that i love and care about so to see an animal being mistreated is upsetting to me because i know how much i love mine and i cant understand how anyone would hurt/neglect an innocent animal

Kids are just young people though. Do you really dislike other people so much that you are totally unmoved by an image of someone dying a slow and painful death.

ReputationRep:

You sound lovely.

Also humans are animals and a child is as innocent as a fluffy little mouse killing machine like a Kitten.

ReputationRep:

A child is an innocent animal, or did you fail to realise that? But yea, you're just a troll tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Kids are just young people though. Do you really dislike other people so much that you are totally unmoved by an image of someone dying a slow and painful death.

it didnt move me at all, that pic of the bird watching the kid ive seen loads and not one time did i think aww poor kid

ReputationRep:
    it didnt move me at all, that pic of the bird watching the kid ive seen loads and not one time did i think aww poor kid
    You're a disgusting person. A child starving to death is something which is far more concerning than an abandoned kitten.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.