The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Moe Lester
Well many were they're was the stabbing of the Japanese politician, the Vietnam, Afghan and Iraqi wars, famine, a collapsing balcony .etc.

The war photos are representative of war in general, which is certainly not an isolated event. Even those particular wars involve/d people suffering and dying on a massive scale. Famines periodically happen across different parts of Africa on a regular basis, and that is only going to get worse with climate change. Fair shout on the other two though.
Moe Lester
Are you insane, you care more about a kitten than a starving child?

yes, quite frankly i do
tinktinktinkerbell
yes, quite frankly i do

Any particular reason?
Reply 103
tinktinktinkerbell
yes, quite frankly i do

Why?
Moe Lester
Are you insane, you care more about a kitten than a starving child?

It doesn't mean that she cares more about a kitten than a starving child.

Edit. well, I was wrong xD

tinktinktinkerbell
yes, quite frankly i do
Moe Lester
Any particular reason?

i love animals, i have pets that i love and care about so to see an animal being mistreated is upsetting to me because i know how much i love mine and i cant understand how anyone would hurt/neglect an innocent animal

i dont have kids, have no intention of having kids and i cant stand kids
Reply 106
tinktinktinkerbell
i love animals, i have pets that i love and care about so to see an animal being mistreated is upsetting to me because i know how much i love mine and i cant understand how anyone would hurt/neglect an innocent animal

Kids are just young people though. Do you really dislike other people so much that you are totally unmoved by an image of someone dying a slow and painful death.
tinktinktinkerbell

You sound lovely.

Also humans are animals and a child is as innocent as a fluffy little mouse killing machine like a Kitten.
tinktinktinkerbell

A child is an innocent animal, or did you fail to realise that? But yea, you're just a troll tbh.
JoshyEls
Kids are just young people though. Do you really dislike other people so much that you are totally unmoved by an image of someone dying a slow and painful death.

it didnt move me at all, that pic of the bird watching the kid ive seen loads and not one time did i think aww poor kid
tinktinktinkerbell
it didnt move me at all, that pic of the bird watching the kid ive seen loads and not one time did i think aww poor kid

You're a disgusting person. A child starving to death is something which is far more concerning than an abandoned kitten.
CombineHarvester
You're a disgusting person. A child starving to death is something which is far more concerning than an abandoned kitten.

to you maybe but not everyone thinks like you, some people do like animals more than people
Ugh, stop being a stupid pessimist trying to depress us all.
Life and the world is awesome. The biggest troubles I've faced are "Louis Vuitton or Gucci?" and "Shall I have the garlic bread, the breaded mushrooms, or both?". Our (My) world freaking rocks - and I'm thankful for that - don't try and bring us down with you! This is why I hardly ever watch the news, too much doom and gloom and murders - yawn.
Reply 113
Mr Sparkles
Ugh, stop being a stupid pessimist trying to depress us all.
Life and the world is awesome. The biggest troubles I've faced are "Louis Vuitton or Gucci?" and "Shall I have the garlic bread, the breaded mushrooms, or both?". Our (My) world freaking rocks - and I'm thankful for that - don't try and bring us down with you! This is why I hardly ever watch the news, too much doom and gloom and murders - yawn.

Empathy is what makes us human, so you pretty much fail at life.
JoshyEls
Empathy is what makes us human, so you pretty much fail at life.

No, I feel plenty sorry for these people. But there's nothing I can do about it so I'd rather not see it - why depress yourself for no reason?
Mr Sparkles
No, I feel plenty sorry for these people. But there's nothing I can do about it so I'd rather not see it - why depress yourself for no reason?

I think the main point is to show some consideration at what others may be going through simply because they weren't as lucky as to what socio-economic background they were born into. Someone will be struggling to survive everyday from the day they are born simply because they were born in an impoverished environment. It also makes you appreciate the goals and efforts of aid agencies who are trying to make a difference. If you give some of your income to charitable causes you don't usually get to see the end result but this puts it into perspective.
Reply 116
Mr Sparkles

just because you don't want to see it doesn't mean it goes away

if we all ignored everything we don't want to see, how would anything change?
Colour Me Pretty

Spoiler

I was there that night. It will live with me forever, as it was a moment of history. A moment that shows how far the world has come, even it's not the whole way there yet!
Mr Sparkles

It's attitudes such as yours which perpetrate the cycle, there are things you can do. You sound like Mariah Carey.
Mr Sparkles

Why there's nothing you can do about it?

Latest

Trending

Trending