Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Wow, you're totally not what's wrong with humanity.

Good job at leading a shallow life cut and failing to feel empathy for those less fortunate than you. :facepalm:
    Thanks, I lead a frigging awesome life. I'm sure I'm a tonne happier than all the moaning minnies here crying tears at every misfortune in the world!
    I have plenty of empathy for those less fortunate than me by the way, I just don't intend to boo-hoo about it trying to depress anyone.

ReputationRep:
    to whoever left me this comment

Looks like you're getting the neg rep you deserve for this post, but here's some more. Read your post again, have another look at the pictures on the first page, and have a serious think.
    ok ive done all you said and my opinion is still the same, neg rep me all you want its going to change **** all

ReputationRep:
    to be completely honest - im indifferent to them - not nice pictures but that is all they are - pictures.

i dont know the people - im not in that situation - i ahve my own issues to deal with - granted nothing as severe as those but still mine that occupy my mind rather than things happening thousands of miles away.

Sorry if this statment goes against the norm but i dont believe in false sympathy which is what so many people on this thread are putting out with all the "so sad and upsetting" comments - but lets face it not one of us is going to lose sleep over it and precious few of us is going to still be thinking of this five minutes after exiting the thread. Im just honest about it

ReputationRep:
    So there's some suffering?

What's new?

ReputationRep:
    Yes the pictures are disturbing to say the least. Its difficult because they are so extreme and I have no comprehension of how suffering like that could be. But it isn't all of our world. There is so much good and positives in this world, and we can forget it because it makes up our everyday life. Its important not too, because we are lucky to be experiencing that and not the **** thats happening in the pictures. If we forget it almost makes a mockery of the suffering that goes on...

after reading all that, just appreciate what you have kids :ahee:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.