Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bradzzz)
    AQA Philosophy I got an A in Unit 1 and a C in Unit 2 - Which is so ******* ridiculous since I I tohught I did better in Unit 2 there is definitely some dodgy marking going on within AQA, the whole system is so corrupt and the examiners treat the papers as if they should be written by drone robot machines instead of humans - utterly utterly pathetic something needs to be done.
    Are you going to do A2? Are you going to resit?

(I went from an A in phil1 to a D in phil2 btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghast)
    Are you going to do A2? Are you going to resit?

(I went from an A in phil1 to a D in phil2 btw)
    Yeah of course I'm doing A2 nothing will put me down, a B overall isn't even that bad and their is still the capability to get to an A overall. Yeah I think I might resit Uni 2 but there is something very strange about the marking for unit 2 I wish there was an enquiry into what exactly the examiners were thinking. What are you doing ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bradzzz)
    Yeah of course I'm doing A2 nothing will put me down, a B overall isn't even that bad and their is still the capability to get to an A overall. Yeah I think I might resit Uni 2 but there is something very strange about the marking for unit 2 I wish there was an enquiry into what exactly the examiners were thinking. What are you doing ?
    I'm going to resit, wish i didn't have to though!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the A2 Michael Lacewing books (unit3 & unit4) for the AQA Spec ? My teacher told me that the AQA approved one is naff and after reading reviews about it, the general consensus was that its a load of "pretentious ****".

New, the 2 Lacewing books cost around 30 quid together; does anyone know where I can get them cheaply?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmara)
    Isn't the Nelson and Thornes textbook endorsed by AQA? Surely it would include everything on the syllabus... I guess this is why a bunch of AQA Philosophy teachers are getting together a formal complaint about the A Level!

Have you got the original text Clare (I'm assuming from your username that this is your name!) If so, it's only around 40 pages and isn't too difficult to go over. I'm sure you have enough time to go over it before the exam!
    The AQA textbook for Phil 3 doesn't contain all the syllabus either. For philosophy of religion, it completely misses out sociological and psychological explanations of religion, and this is on the syllabus! The textbooks for philosophy are so bad! They seem to want to make them as rubbish and boring looking as possible!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.