Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im doing the a2 philosophy this year
    5 hours a week
    i'm doing political philosophy, philosophy of religion and nietzsche beyond good and evil
    i'm stuggling most on political philosophy- i don't think we've been taight half the right stuff :/
    i don't think i would be able to do the distance learning, i could be self motivated and all but i just like the idea of having debates in our class
    good luck anyways
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So screweeedd for political philosophy. When we did justice my teacher did an erperiment to try to get us to teach ourslves and it failed badly, so i know nothingggggg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    So screweeedd for political philosophy. When we did justice my teacher did an erperiment to try to get us to teach ourslves and it failed badly, so i know nothingggggg.
    why are all philosophy teachers incompentant? :eek3:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    Haha, my old teacher was a God of philosophy. He used to teach at Oxford and had I think his masters in philosophy from Oxford. He has even written a philosophy book. God knows why he was teaching at A level.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh this thread is better than mine I'm quite lucky as I had two teachers; one was rubbish and the other was brilliant! Plus if I'm correct, I only need about 50% to maintain a B overall, so I can afford to fail quite badly as it looks like I will do

ReputationRep:
    Well in light of the fact that everyone is ******** it for this exam, I hope, nationally, everyone does crap giving me a better chance of getting an A overall .

I hope you guys do well though

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have any ideas as to possible questions they could ask about liberty in Unit 3?

I can't work out any question that would cover the section properly really.

ReputationRep:
    We do Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Religion and Descartes and Nietzsches books as the texts.
    Everyone hates Nietzsche's book as we were not taught it well, we we're all doing Descartes.

Other than that I think I'm totally f****d for these exams, there's just so much to learn!! Hopefully I'll be ready.

Also does anyone have any ideas what any of the questions may be?!
    I'm struggling to think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackZebra)
    We do Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Religion and Descartes and Nietzsches books as the texts.
    Everyone hates Nietzsche's book as we were not taught it well, we we're all doing Descartes.

Other than that I think I'm totally f****d for these exams, there's just so much to learn!! Hopefully I'll be ready.

I'm struggling to think!
    Check here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1295566

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackZebra)

I'm struggling to think!
    Check my thread that Matt posted above, I added a bunch of questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_Man_1991)
    Check here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1295566
    I love you for posting those!

ReputationRep:
    Well as I said Lacewing came to my school on friday. Really nice guy actually

He did some Nietzsche and the denial of moral truth for the Moral Philosophy but will also be of interest to anyone doing Beyond Good and Evil for Phil4. He then walked us through some stuff on deontology before talking for about half an hour on exam technique and precisely how to hit AO3. I think the last half an hour was probably the most rewarding, most of what he said on Nietzsche and Deontological ethics can be found in the text book and on his website.

If anyone is interested then I will type up what notes I made.
    I would love to see what notes you made if that's OK. I'm doing philosophy of mind and philosophy of religion for unit three, and Nietzsche for unit four.

ReputationRep:
    Both teachers I've had have been great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Both teachers I've had have been great
    lucky for some!

ReputationRep:
    In dire need of some political philosophy notes.. Anything would be fantastic as I've only got my own stuff to go own, a second set of thoughts would be really useful!
    Can't seem to find any anywhere though, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookinglass)
    In dire need of some political philosophy notes.. Anything would be fantastic as I've only got my own stuff to go own, a second set of thoughts would be really useful!
    Can't seem to find any anywhere though, anyone?

Same, any political philosphy or moral philosophy notes would be greeeaat! I dont feel like i have enough to write and sometimes the lacewing book talks about irrelevant stuff or doesn't elaborate on other things enough...

SO yeah any political or moral philosophy notes would be grrreeeeeatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Embow2492)
    Same, any political philosphy or moral philosophy notes would be greeeaat! I dont feel like i have enough to write and sometimes the lacewing book talks about irrelevant stuff or doesn't elaborate on other things enough...

SO yeah any political or moral philosophy notes would be grrreeeeeatly appreciated!
    I can't find any, pretty much in the same boat! Everyone on here seems to be doing Philosophy of the Mind/ Philosophy of Religion! If anyone has some notes, that would be amazing- i never have any confidence in mine!

ANNNNNNNNND... does anyone have the evaulation of Euthanasia.. it seems to be missing from my notes..?

ReputationRep:
    I'm soo scared about this exam on monday! It's like my life depends on this ! eeeek! ergh philosophy!

ReputationRep:
    @ every1 else that did the life after death q. what did you say? i wasnt too sure on the topic so i talked about
    -Karma - hinduism, demands afterlife as evil actions passed on to next life if not done in this life
    -Christian god - uses judgement to see whether one has sinned or not to take them to heaven/hell thus demands afterlife or sinning would result in no consquences
    - Or no such thing as evil, problem of evil - privation of good, should not be afterlife as evil dont exist, its b/c of adam and eve and one cant control out decisions
    Edit/Delete Message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad92)
    @ every1 else that did the life after death q. what did you say? i wasnt too sure on the topic so i talked about
    -Karma - hinduism, demands afterlife as evil actions passed on to next life if not done in this life
    -Christian god - uses judgement to see whether one has sinned or not to take them to heaven/hell thus demands afterlife or sinning would result in no consquences
    - Or no such thing as evil, problem of evil - privation of good, should not be afterlife as evil dont exist, its b/c of adam and eve and one cant control out decisions
    Edit/Delete Message
    Erm wrong exam i think

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 20, 2012
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.