Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dustbunny3000)
    Hi
    Is it possible for anyone to post the specification for Plato's republic please?
    I have this exam on Thursday too and I can't access the aqa website
    see attached screenshot it is the spec
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tldr22)
    see attached screenshot it is the spec
    Thank you so much

Also, can anyone post examples of good essay plans for a plato question (even if the question is made up)? My teacher didn't encourage us to do this and so though I have knowledge I have no idea how to make it fill a whole essay
    Also, post the mark scheme for the exam please.

Sorry for asking for a lot i'm just nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dustbunny3000)
    Hi
    Is it possible for anyone to post the specification for Plato's republic please?
    I have this exam on Thursday too and I can't access the aqa website
    If i get the grades Im going to Sheffield to do philosophy also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmara)
    No marks in the first question are for evaluation, its 8/15 for A01 and 7/15 for A02
    Could you please give me an example of how to pick up A02 marks in a 15 mark questions? I'm not really sure. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I HATE NELSON AND THORNES. If I'd have used the Lacewing textbook, these notes would have taken an hour or two to do - these have taken me 6/7 hours. Admittedly I have been distracted, but there ya go. Here are the notes for the Appearance and Reality section of Plato's Republic...

Knowledge and virtue will be up later - political rule may take some more time.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc A2 Philosophy Revision 1.doc (75.5 KB, 965 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRefuteItThus)
    Could you please give me an example of how to pick up A02 marks in a 15 mark questions? I'm not really sure. :confused:
    I unfortunately don't have an example of how to get marks for A02, as I didn't realise either that there were marks for it, hence my very low graded mock essays

But I would assume that any argument would just have to be back up with an example. SO you couldn't talk about Plato's Forms without saying, 'for example the form of an apple would be 'apple itself' an amalgamation of every apple ever, it is not physical and will not decay etc.' then relate it back to the question, for example if they question asked how knowledge of the forms would qualify Plato's philosophers to rule, you would explain the forms, give the (better) example than my one above, then say how knowledge of the form of [whatever] would enable philosophers to rule because...

That could possibly be explained a lot better but I really can't be bothered to write out a whole essay question sorry Plus I'm making it up as I go along, so its probably not right. But I *hope* thats the gist of what we have to do?

(Original post by clarehistory101)
    I HATE NELSON AND THORNES. If I'd have used the Lacewing textbook, these notes would have taken an hour or two to do - these have taken me 6/7 hours. Admittedly I have been distracted, but there ya go. Here are the notes for the Appearance and Reality section of Plato's Republic...

Knowledge and virtue will be up later - political rule may take some more time.

Thank you!!! I've finished my notes on Thrasymachus' argument from the first examined section, and hopefully will have the rest done tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!! I've finished my notes on Thrasymachus' argument from the first examined section, and hopefully will have the rest done tomorrow.
    Awesome! Reckon you could upload them now? Every little helps! Also, which text are you using? N+T or Lacewing?

ReputationRep:
    Here are the notes for Knowledge and Virtue.
    Attached Files
  2. File Type: doc A2 Philosophy Revision 2.doc (33.5 KB, 985 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarehistory101)
    Here are the notes for Knowledge and Virtue.
    I'll try to upload them now, but it wouldn't let me last night...

Not using any text book :O just the original text itself and what my teacher said, but I have a 'Philosophy in Focus' book about the Republic that I might give a read.
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: doc Plato
  4. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

5. Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  6. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

7. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.