Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do gp's mean by 'fainting attacks'. Watch

Im applying for an healthcare related course and am filling in a medical form. It asks if I have sufferered any blackouts, fainting attacks or epilepsy but Im not sure what to put exactly it says give details if you answer yes. Ive fainted 5 times in my life, the last 2 times were due to stomach cramps in public, the time before on my first day of work I got all anxious and freaked out by the frozen food factory atmosphere lol, eyes went blurry and just woke up on the floor. The time before that I had flu and the time before that I was 11 and there wa sno apparant reason for it. What do gp's define 'fainting attacks' and blackouts as though:confused: I assume it means recurrent but they are just odd one offs here and there cause im an idiot and get anxious over nothing. Ive not fainted for 4 years but then ive not been out and about all that much so not had much chance to.

ReputationRep:
    i'd personally put no.
    its not like you faint multiple times a year for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    It's when you faint while holding a knife and accidentally stab someone with it iirc.

If you don't do that often your ok.

(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i'd personally put no.
    its not like you faint multiple times a year for no apparent reason.
    I saw the gp though, had an ecg it was fine the gp need to fill out a form too he will probably put down that ive fainted.

ReputationRep:
    Well there's this creature called fainting, and being attacked by it can lead to quite deadly consequences, death. On average the fainting populations kills roughly 54 people are year.

Found in woodland trees. AVOID!

ReputationRep:
    These are most definitely "fainting attacks" you are describing.
    Therefore your answer should indicate yes but you are at liberty to explain that they all had a specific trigger and that baseline investigations were normal and you don't require any further follow up.
    Don't worry, fainting attacks are common in the general population and shouldn't in any way disadvantage your application unless it's a "healthcare related astronaut course" you're applying for!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.