Turn on thread page Beta

Your Best First Date? watch

ReputationRep:
    What is the best first date you have ever been on?

Where did you go, what did you do, whose idea was it?

Why was it the Best First Date Ever, the creativity, the thoughtfulness?

ReputationRep:
    I once said to a girl, let's hold hands...:dancing:

...WoW. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    It's not about the setting, it's about the person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Damn straight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    cinema is awful for a first date regardless

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senio...large/date.jpg
    It looked a bit like the one in the middle in the picture; it was absolutely gorgeous :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    The time we drunk a litre of Gin and a bottle of Tequila between two.
    After a TSR meet :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    She didn't put up much of a fight, and the embalming process went really smoothly. Shes still in perfect condition actually.

(Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    cinema is awful for a first date regardless
    Can you explain please? Seriously- I am a 21 year old dateless wonder (never gone on a date) and if I were to ever ask a girl out, my first thought would be to take her to the cinema.

ReputationRep:
    went to the mega zone lol its a place were u run about with lasers and shot each other kinda geeky but i love it and it was my idea it was such a laugh :P

Hot chocolate :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Can you explain please? Seriously- I am a 21 year old dateless wonder (never gone on a date) and if I were to ever ask a girl out, my first thought would be to take her to the cinema.
    are you kidding me? you wouldnt be able to talk or interact with her!

ReputationRep:
    I've only had one. We went to a museum.

Nerd Love :suith:

ReputationRep:
    go for drinks in a pub or nice bar you can actually talk

(Original post by PicsOrGTFO)
    are you kidding me? you wouldnt be able to talk or interact with her!
    Well it wouldn't be like we just run into the cinema to watch the film and I completely ignore her while there and then I run out of the room and go home when the credits start rolling. Just because I won't be able to talk to her while the film is rolling doesn't mean that other opportunities won't come up.

ReputationRep:
    On the first date, you need to talk and interact. The first date with anyone is almost like 'interviewing' each other. Not to put too much pressure on you, but the first date is absolutely crucial to the success of most (dating) couples; first impressions mean a LOT.

You don't have to take her anywhere super special - what you need to do is take her to a restaurant or a bar and keep it simple. Just talk for a few hours and get to know each other!

I haven't had that many first dates in the past, but one of my best ones was probably a few nights ago - we talked for hours with no problem, had a nice dinner, even better drinks, and well... I ended up sleeping in the same bed as the other person (no sex though!). We haven't organised the second date since then, though, so I'm crossing my fingers he'll be up for another one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    go for drinks in a pub or nice bar you can actually talk
    Agreed.....

Oi nnnomi, also, which one are you in the example video?

ReputationRep:
    Well it wouldn't be like we just run into the cinema to watch the film and I completely ignore her while there and then I run out of the room and go home when the credits start rolling. Just because I won't be able to talk to her while the film is rolling doesn't mean that other opportunities won't come up.
    Cinema is fine as long as you do something afterwards like go out to eat or go to a coffee shop. It has the added bonus that you have something to talk about if you have an uncomfortable silence.

ReputationRep:
    Lol sailor with the red lipstick, gotcha haha

ReputationRep:
    At the cinema you would not get to know each other at all! Going to the cinema seems like you are purposefully trying to avoid an awkward situation, something that would seem really unattractive in you. And then the cinema in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, for example if you were to go to a meal or a drink first. It also depends on the girl, if she seems pretty shy, then maybe the cinema would be an opportunity for you to get to know each other slowly...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.