Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ice skating, movies then dinner (AND I PAID FOR MOVIES AND DINNER) lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well it wouldn't be like we just run into the cinema to watch the film and I completely ignore her while there and then I run out of the room and go home when the credits start rolling. Just because I won't be able to talk to her while the film is rolling doesn't mean that other opportunities won't come up.
    ha ha well obviously! but the time spent in the cinema would be a waste because you wouldnt have found out anything more about her. id assume that you'd for a meal or drinks afterwards but imo keeping it simple and just going for drinks for the first date is the best.

ReputationRep:
    I think if someone asked me to the cinema as a first date I'd be a bit :eek: and think "creep" as it's the place where people go to snog. Not good for first dates.

Also, I'd love if someone took me ice skating, but alas, not going to happen any time soon. I nearly injured the guy I like while ice skating with friends, might have put him off slightly (ice skating, not me I hope!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanelunatic)
    Agreed.....

Oi nnnomi, also, which one are you in the example video?
    Haha I'm the one in the stripey white and blue t shirt with red lipstick, sunglasses, and occasional sailor hat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    Haha I'm the one in the stripey white and blue t shirt with red lipstick, sunglasses, and occasional sailor hat
    Turns out you got a ''grade 8'' in pouting as well.

You ever go custard factory in brum?

ReputationRep:
    October 27th, 2005:

Spoiler:
    Show
    So I was thinking maybe that maybe if you didn't have your head in a law book (which is quite likely) we could maybe go for a drink maybe?

Maybe

We convened outside my university residence (in Bristol), adjourned to The White Bear, shared a few pints, exchanged repartee, and then I walked her home. A messy few weeks ensued, but it remains the most 'normal' date I've ever been on with someone I wasn't already seeing.

Shame we were both so ****ed-up, really, because she's one of the most interesting girls I've ever met.

ReputationRep:
    Drinking Guinness and riding a giant wheel! Not at the same time though, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Pub for fish & chips. What can I say, he knew me well.

The worst idea, in my opinion, is the cinema. I did it once and it was the most awkward 2 hours ever, not being able to talk to each other, just eeek.

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell u when i have my first date :p: i've wanted to take somone to the winter wonderland ice skating thingy in hyde park for two years now but no one's wanted to come with me suppose that might have been quite nice always next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Damn straight!
    oh hiii!

(Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    cinema is awful for a first date regardless
    ahhh Avatar would probably be a bit much!
    but personally, I love the cinema, so :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senio...large/date.jpg
    It looked a bit like the one in the middle in the picture; it was absolutely gorgeous :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    For a first date things that get adreneline up are best. I went on a date with a guy to a cinema and it was really awkward because we were strangers who were trying too hard to make it lead onto another date. 2 and a half hours of uncomfortable ness later and I left pretty quick. It didn't help that he chose a really bad movie!
    But another guy took me mini golfing, and we had a great time! It was good to have something to talk about without forcing it, and to laugh together too. Plus if it had gone really badly, it would have been ok to leave after the one game. As it was we went and had lunch after, and had the mini golf to talk about :-) Getting your hand stuck in the hole is a great conversation starter!

Although I'd love to go Ice Skating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Can you explain please? Seriously- I am a 21 year old dateless wonder (never gone on a date) and if I were to ever ask a girl out, my first thought would be to take her to the cinema.
    cinema's fine mate, you can talk about the film you just watched after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senio...large/date.jpg
    It looked a bit like the one in the middle in the picture; it was absolutely gorgeous :sogood:
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    oh hiii!
    Hi

ReputationRep:
    I'd say somewhere like a pub with a friendly & relaxed atmosphere

ReputationRep:
    There was this girl I really liked so I took her out to have dinner at Criterion, it definately left a lasting impression on her...and for me that was the best I've ever come across on a date. For that reason it's my best first date, considering that's what first dates are all about....giving off a good impression.

ReputationRep:
    KFC - I was hungry, I like chicken, he paid.
    Great first date tbh, could talk, have a laugh, pretty relaxed etc

ReputationRep:
    I went for a picnic in the middle of October, complete with squished sarnies and a flask...kept each other warm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanelunatic)
    Turns out you got a ''grade 8'' in pouting as well.

You ever go custard factory in brum?
    I can't help it that I pout .. occassionally.... :o:

I've been once or twice, soooo good. Saw Zane Lowe there last term, he was siiiiiiiiick

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.